new project ...help needed for 1978 Cadillac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project ...help needed for 1978 Cadillac

Fell in Love with this car and need help with locating parts for restoration. We want to completely restore it !
    If any one has a donor car, doors or any other parts for sale please give us a shout.
    The rust underneath is really bad, would like to relocate another frame if possible.
    Its a 1978 Cadillac with a blue leather interior, trying to locate the manufactures plate...thinking its a miller-meteor ??? Not sure yet.
    Any info sent our way would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Welcome the the NHAA. Where are you located? This '78 Miller Meteor was at one time owned by Bill Marcy of Hackensack, NJ.

When if comes to body parts, you'll need to find a '77-'79 MM donor. Not many parts coaches out there and you aren't the only one looking - so good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! How cool to find out who owned this beauty before us. The condition is really rough and its going to take a lot of TLC to salvage.
      We have had some luck finding parts and still interested in buying or trading parts. (also have an 84 olds)
      So excited to restore this '78 MM back her original glory days.

Comment

Was that a Sedan Deville frame?

Comment

I think in 1978, MM was still using the Cadillac commercial chassis.

Comment

Cadillac commercial chassis was used until 84.

Comment

Ahh, my bad. I thought they went up through '76, and then switched. Maybe that was just the ambulances and high-tops.

Comment

The last Cadillac ambulance was built in 1979. I believe only 10 were built that year.

Comment

The Commercial chassis was reduced in length, starting in 1977. The reduction of size, made constructing new ambulances on the commercial chassis increasingly difficult, because of increased government regulations for ambulances. It became much easier to meet these regulations on van based ambulances.

Comment

The government regulations started in 1973. Miller Meteor complied by building the Criterion. As Otto said, when Cadillac down sized in 1977, they couldn't easily make a Criterion with the smaller chassis.

Here is a history of the Criterion. http://www.mmchapter.com/criterion_history.htm

Comment

I have a 78 M_M going to scrap soon good frame but it all depends on where you are if its worth getting I guess.
                      And on the 2 78s I have had one that was cut and stretch still had the rear seat mounts the other looked to be on a commercial chassis who knows ....

Comment

Thanks, we found a 79 MM in really good condition. Now we are going to have extra parts,(425 motor and tranny are solid) if anyone is looking for something.

Comment

I sure could use a drivers side seat belt if you have one to spar. also the ac hoses are gone ...stolen by some pervert..on my 78. lol. just thought I'd ask.

Comment

Working...
                          X