Working on 1979 MM restore and rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on 1979 MM restore and rebuild

Well our original plans for the 78 MM took a new turn. Rust beyond repair put us in the direction of restoring our 1979 MM from ground up.
    She's in the garage now getting ready for a new lift and 500 cu. in. Cadillac motor. Any thoughts on keeping the roll out in the back ?
    Attached Files

Define "roll out in the back".

Comment

The table in the back that can be extended past the bumper when door is open. 1978 did not have this feature.

Comment

Extend tables were options by coach builders in most years. That's a neat feature, one worth retaining. Not doing so would be a disservice to your '79.

Comment

Can you put a lock on it? Maybe some kind of retainer pin?

Comment

Extend tables were options by coach builders in most years. That's a neat feature, one worth retaining. Not doing so would be a disservice to your '79.
            +1

Comment

We decided to keep it. Thanks for the info, trying to keep the original features as much as possible. Does anyone have any info on the sashes on the both sides with the MM logo?
              Were they available on all years and models or just some ?

Comment

Post a pic so we're on same page.

Comment

Not sure what the proper name for this item is...just really like them.
                  Thanks for all the info, everyone is really helpful
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dar Mar View Post
                    Not sure what the proper name for this item is...just really like them.
                    Thanks for all the info, everyone is really helpful
                    It is known as a Sail Panel.

Comment

Thanks ...it takes so much time with all the small details. Still looking for the gear ratio, haven't had time yet to tear down.
                      Thinking its 10 bolt.. Any thoughts on a 79 MM rear end ?

Comment

you guys don't happen to still have the seat belts for the 78 do you? I got the right out a 77 and I think I can use it in my 78 but I don't have a drivers side and can not find another caddy in the junk yard.
                        thanks,
                        Bill

Comment

Sorry for the delay...not enough hours in the day. We haven't parted out the cars yet. Just been putting a lot of time into the rebuild of the '78 MM. Cadillac 500 motor goes in this week. Will you be in Ashville this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                          X