" PROJEKT 59"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " PROJEKT 59"

The 59's suspension needs a COMPLETE overhaul. Draglink and springs in the front, rear springs and the rear balljoint. I also need to pull the passengers side head and take it in to be rebuilt. That noise i keep hearing is valve tap. So after the halloween thing, she gets half dismantled again. No biggie. I have her apart in less than an hour, wait 3 days while the shop work is done, then have her back on the road in less than an hour. Then i need to bring myself to buying the damn horn ring for her. those things are going for like 350 bucks. But oh well, needs to be done. Mid november she goes in to the upholsters. She will be there for a month or more probably. Door panels redone, carpet, headliner, dash, seats, 2 new windows, all new rubber seals. Then she will FINALLY be DONE.

Then you guys are going to have to help me find another project to waste my time on.lol.

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
    Then you guys are going to have to help me find another project to waste my time on.lol.

that isnt hard for you to do! lol what was the most cars you have ever had infront of your house? just count coaches.......lol

Comment

i wish my mother had never told you that little bit of information. But in all fairness, two of them were chris's cars and i was just keeping them cause he had no room.

Comment

If you want to put some work into a 59 Cad you can come here and be my tool bitch for the 59 M+M. I still want to cry when I see the poor thing. It was such a beautiful car and to be in such sad shape makes you wonder ,why and how. Such a loose but maybe I can get her together. It all depends on money. Who wants to donate. Mac sucks as a prostitute, bastard.

Comment

I'd be happy to help if you need it. Got any pics of her?

Comment

You misspelled 'project'.

Comment

well, i just ordered the air shocks for the rear, and the rebuild stuff for my drag link.

But that goddamned valve tap is pissing me off. It doesn't do it all the time. If she is sitting still and running, it's the quietest caddy i may have ever heard. If i am driving at normal speeds down the road, she sounds fine. But when i start off from a dead stop, she rattles all through the 1500-2500 rpm range. And just on one side of the motor, the passengers side. It wasn't doing this untill that freeze plug blew out a few months ago and she overheated. Compression is still fine, excellent for a 50 year old car actually. No vacume leaks. I REALLY don't want to have to take her back apart again.

Comment

Pulled the dash today. I mean the WHOLE dash. I am just going to sand treat and paint the top as of now. It will sill look a fuck ton better, and still be fine for when i get it re covered this winter. Also have a rebuilt power antena on the way, mine is frozen, and found out that my radio works just fine, and even the old ass speaker is good. But i am still going to install a CD player in the glove box. I just can't cruise without my tunes. So that way anything of " modern convienience" will be hidden out of sight. I need to get picks while i have it all in peices.lol.

Comment

Buy a 59 2 door and part the piece of shit out.

Comment

And just what the fuck is that supposed to mean exactly? my car doesn't need enough parts to necessitate a parts car.

Comment

I said fuck it about an hour ago and went ahead and bought a dash cap for it. I also just ordered the carpet, complete front end rebuild kit, and the new headliner. I guess not that i am stuck waiting on parts i'll go out and get some pictures, and start more of the work that Casey wants done on the 84 superior

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                        But i am still going to install a CD player in the glove box. I just can't cruise without my tunes. So that way anything of " modern convienience" will be hidden out of sight.
                        please let me know when you get ready to start on that. i want to do the same thing in my coach

Comment

Oh yeah......I found my rear decklid trim clips.

And I may be doing the stereo project this weekend ryan. I just finnished installing casey's stuff in her hearse, but we are running 2 amps and 4 12's in that thing.

Comment

yeah just let me know how it goes. if it looks like you're going to do it, i'll pm you my phone number

Comment

I'll know by tommorrow, so i'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X