Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

project - wake the dead (and piss off your stuck up neighbors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project - wake the dead (and piss off your stuck up neighbors)

So today i installed a siren in miss abigail.

Here is the switch. Red safety switch activates siren. other toggle switch is for some lights i'll install at a later time.

here's the switch with the cover up

Here's the siren mounted behind the grill:

here's what the siren sounds like:

FUN!

Comment

I love the siren!
      But bro, you need to lose the "fast and furious" red nitrous switch.

I need to hook one of those sirens up to my car alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
        I love the siren!
        But bro, you need to lose the "fast and furious" red nitrous switch.
        i never saw that movie

Comment

i never saw that movie
          Good choice.

But take advice from a friend. Lose the red switch cover.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Awesome! And keep the switch cover....it looks like a jet toggle switch.

Comment

i wasn't sure if i liked the switch cover or not. i'll leave it on there for a bit and see how it goes.

Comment

i installed a whole switch panel in caseys hearse, runs the flashers/neon,ect. i'll get her to get some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                    i installed a whole switch panel in caseys hearse, runs the flashers/neon,ect. i'll get her to get some pics.
                    yeah, that would be cool.

also, how did you run the wires? i threaded the wires through the hole in my firewall that was leaking water and then re-sealed it.

Comment

thats really the only way to do it, and do it right. I am taking the second set of 12s out of caseys hearse because she won't let me drill a small hole into the partition to run the wires. Otherwise i would have to run them out one door and into the second, so when you open the doors you'll see all these wires hanging out, and that is trashy looking.

Comment

i had to take my partition completely out to mount the speakers in it and run wires. that was a tedious job. there were all these screws hidden under the carpet - what a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
                          thats really the only way to do it, and do it right. I am taking the second set of 12s out of caseys hearse because she won't let me drill a small hole into the partition to run the wires. Otherwise i would have to run them out one door and into the second, so when you open the doors you'll see all these wires hanging out, and that is trashy looking.
                          You know, you can go under the partition into the casket floor, and then up through one of the holes where the bier pins go. That way the partition itself isn't messed up.
                          I did this on my coach, you can't even tell where the wires are coming from.

Comment

Working...
                          X