300zx project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300zx project

Well. I started really working on this thing about 3 months ago or so. It's a 1990 300zx Twin Turbo. I decided Nitrous was a good idea. Well it was, except it blew my driveshaft to peices. So now I get to go get her from Driveline of atlanta where she was just fitted with a one peice alluminum racing driveshaft..( about 700 bucks), that is made to with stand it.

This car has been a pain in the ass. All the parts are japanese order only. They stock very few parts in the us for this car and I found out why. Stone mountain nissan ran my VIN in their computer and found that this car was a custom order JDM spec car. Japanese Domestic Market. The driveshafts are not rebuildable. When the go, time for a new one. And who in the fuck thought putting a center support bearing and a two peice drive shaft on a car whose driveshaft is only 3 and a half feet long is a dumbass. But like I said, now she has a custom one peice alluminum racing shaft that IS rebuildable. I also just ordered all the suspension parts front and rear, all billett alluminum and adjustible for fine tuning the suspension and steering. I also ordered the GREDDY stage 2 turbo upgrade system with dual side ram mount intercoolers and new blowoff valves. The stock Z turbos need to be rebuilt every 60 thousand miles, and they use a less reliable bearing system. Plus they are about 350 bucks a peice to rebuild, so i just spend the extra cash to get a better system that is adjustible by a digital meter in the car so i can adjust for whatever type of performance need i have at whatever given time. Next are the seats and the harnesses. This car has T tops, so i have this weird fear or rolling the fucker and flying out through one of them, so safety is a concern as well. Brake system has already been done with vented cross drilled rotors front and rear, high preasure 4 piston calipers,ect.

Hmmmm.....what else can i bolt to this thing.............I love death traps!

5 harness seatbelts?

Comment

Originally posted by msc0nduct View Post
      5 harness seatbelts?
      i agree

Comment

Get yourself a tow strap.....and a front hitch....so you can keep up with my Mark VIII.

Comment

Sorry Bob, but your car is just too heavy to compete. Especially in anything that has curves in it.

Comment

Thats what they said when the charger entered K1 drift competitions...and guess who took home the championship...

Comment

Working...
            X