HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

I am having a hard time getting the glass for my 78 Caddy Hearse! I thought he was a deVille, but the glass for one is too small! I don't think there is a name listed on the car, but I am wondering if he is a Brougham. From what I have read, they were the biggest cars made by Caddy in 1978. Anyone got any idears? Please, I want to drive my car!!!

most body shops have a glass guy - the body shop guy i used said they could make glass - but it will probably be very expensive

Comment

Yep, already checked that route. I think the glass is standard, not commercial, but I need to find out whether he is a Brougham, DeVille, or whatever, and I don't know how to do that!
      Last edited by Kaos Photo; 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM. Reason: Screwed up

Comment

Alot of hearse glass aren't made from stock. You'll probably have to look for commercial glass. Even though they say that they quit making commercial chassis in 77/78, My 82 is a commercial chassis, it was about $500. Usually com. Glass is about 6" taller than stock. Hopefully that helped narrow your search.

Comment

it will be commercial glass.

Comment

I spoke with someone from Shields Southeast and he said Miller-Meteor never used com. glass, but I don't know if that is true. I really need to know how I can tell what type of car he is, that will probably determine a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeanr View Post
              it will be commercial glass.
              Just read your reply, man that sux! Guess the guy the guy I spoke with was wrong!

Comment

rear wheel drive?

Comment

Yep, it's rear wheel.

Comment

measure the height of the windshield. Wasn't Scoot and Marsha's a 78? If I remember right, they needed the same windshield I have used in mine. I'll get the number off mine and that might help.

Comment

I think Eureka is about the only one that uses smaller glass.

Comment

I spoke with someone from Shields Southeast and he said Miller-Meteor never used com. glass
                        How the fuck can you be a hearse DEALER and make that statement?

Which piece of glass are you talking about?
                        If its the windsheild, you should be able to get one no problem, couple years ago a branch took mine out, I claimed it and I think it was Safelite that did the swap, just tell them its for a "Z" code commercial chassis, once they figured that out, it was no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
                          measure the height of the windshield. Wasn't Scoot and Marsha's a 78? If I remember right, they needed the same windshield I have used in mine. I'll get the number off mine and that might help.
                          Sorry, I wasn't being specific enough! I need a driver-side window! Thanx for the offer though! You wouldn't happen to have one laying around would ya'? We found factory glass for a 78 DeVille, but it is three inches too short! Was wondering if it would be different for say, a Brougham. I think they are bigger than the DeVille. By the way, this board rocks! Everyone is very helpful!

Comment

[quote=Double D;18176]How the fuck can you be a hearse DEALER and make that statement?

I'm not sure, but thanx for the z-class chassis info! Maybe that'll help 'em find it!

Comment

Sorry I assumed it was a windshield, that is usually the hardest and most expensive part to find. Drivers Door? pull a measurement on the height and wideth, so you will have a number to ask about. Try a brougham, it just might fit. Or try a junkyard to see if they have at least a door so you can compare your measurements.

Comment

Working...
                              X