1962 Pontiac Hearse Combo Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Pontiac Hearse Combo Restoration

This will be the ongoing thread of the restoration of my Wife's Hearse I'm doing.
    Restoration i coming along well and she should be in paint withing the week. mechanicals are minor on it with only 52K miles and the interior panels are now finshed except for the seat and te wife is working on that.

Click Picture to enlarge

As found

Tearin her down

Some of the rust Issues that have been replaced with my own hand made metal patchs

Some before and after interior

I will update this with some new pictures in a couple of days.

Just about ready for paint. It is just getting what it has to have for a paint job.
    The interior is finished except for the seat and rear floor tile.

Brakes are all new and the late model electronic ignition is on the way.

Comment

Just about ready for paint. It is just getting what it has to have for a paint job.
      The interior is finished except for the seat and rear floor tile.

Brakes are all new and the late model electronic ignition is on the way.

Comment

Geez you move fast and are a miracle man in bodywork. I just wish you didn't live across the country or I would be employing your services.

Comment

I can get you a super deal on shipping. I am doing a Christine clone for a fellow in England.
          My rates are cheap, I do the work none of the other shops want to, and I will work on credit.

(sorry for the shameless plug)

Comment

nice work man, I wish I had more extra time and a shop to work in ..... my projects take years to get done

Comment

Your wife is one lucky woman!

Comment

The base coat is on it. Going to shoot the rest of the silver an clear coat today. It's been cold.....slowes me down.

Comment

Awesome work, wish I could move that fast on Elvira. Shes getting there but a whole hell of a lot slower than you are doing. The weather here keeps me behind alot with temps only climbing into the low 30's and my shop only heated by a salimander. Most days are spent researching and doing small things that the wife lets me bring into the house.

Comment

I got the clear laid down about two weeks ago and color sanded the hood but hats as far as I have gotten.
                    I had to move in a customer car that is in a hurry , plus he is paying me WELL.

Here is my wife's first attempt at doing seat covers. The picture of the seat bottom the cover looks loose because it hadn't had it's new padding put on. I just stretched it over the base to see how it would look and for the picture.

Comment

OK, So how about an update???

Comment

Working...
                      X