Trim and Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim and Windshield

I just got my windshield trim for Mary my 75' Cadi. I also will get the new windshield installed next week! Just extremely excited and thought I'd share. Whoo hooo!

Gr8 we need pix when you get the new windshield in and the trim on.

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Where did you get your windshield?
        I'm going to need one for the rig listed below.
        My local place said it was no way, not going to happen.

Comment

The windshield she got was the last brand new one in Utah. Some warehouse had it from years ago and happen to have it in stock. It is actually for a 1975 Cadillac limo with the same dimension windshield. I luckily found that windshield before I sold her the car. I know where you can find them at though. You will just pay a lot more than she did.

Comment

Thanks, it's nice to know they are out there at least.
            I'll get a pic of the damage, golf ball size fracture, but it didn't travel, at least not yet.
            The windshield will have to come out for some rust repair sooner or later.

Comment

These windshields are still availible from a glass company that I can't remember the name of right now. If all else fails, I know where to get the info from. Just ask for a commerial glass windshield. Last count they were $800+ for one.

Comment

Just curious about windshield "star repairs". As some of you know, I am weeks away from putting 2 insanely huge subwoofers in my coach. I have had 1 small star repaired. Any idea if they hold as well as a windshield that has no damage?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
                  Just curious about windshield "star repairs". As some of you know, I am weeks away from putting 2 insanely huge sub woofers in my coach. I have had 1 small star repaired. Any idea if they hold as well as a windshield that has no damage?
                  Are you the one with the "Jackhammers"? If you are, I would be concerned about ANY star or crack in the glass. Hell I would be worried about running those subs in any car with perfect glass when they are at their full potential.

Comment

No not the jack hammers. They are 21" subs and WAY too heavy. Mine are made by Acoustic Design. If you have heard the volcano errupt at Magic Mountain, you have heard the subs I am using.

Comment

Working...
                    X