So the engine plans begin......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the engine plans begin......

I am building two 350 4 bolts, of near equal caliber, one for power one torque. I have a set of 427 angle plug heads, which is the "old skool" way of doing it, but would i be better suited for putting a set of some sort of alluminum super ported racing fuckers with roller rockers and shit? I dunno. honestly, all of the money is really going into the drivetrain of the 53 chevy. The 383 i built for the camino was mean as shit, too much for that car really, but i want something flat out stupid. i am talking dual carbs an intake that may reuire removal of the hood completely. i WAS thinking big block. but then i would have to cut into the body and i dont wanna do that. i was also thinking of running a 283 with the 427 heads, cause the 283 has such a short stroke, that the thing should take off like a fuckin rocket, bu i'll never be able to drive it on the freeway.lmao.

Thoughts?

Um......427 heads (or any other big block heads for that matter) wont bolt on to a small block.
    Heads that have had extensive port work done to them usually are for high-rpm engines. Thats great for race cars, but large heavy cars need low-end torque.
    I have heard of some kits to bore and stroke a small block Chevy up to 427 cid. That would be a serious monster.

Comment

yeah my mind was screwy, beer does that to you.

i have a set of 427 heads, a set of double humpers, and a few other old skool things and rod parts lying around. just trying to get a firm plan in mind as to exactly what i am going to do before rotating assemblies and what not are bought, and machine shop werk is done.

Comment

Working...
      X