sleeperish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleeperish

81, fleetwood superior -alright ive come to the conclusion the 368 4 barrels gotta go. eats gas and has no power. if i wanted to make this hearse a sleeper which caddy big block would be the best choice? not wanting to go blower and all that but looking into ideas. wanna be able to have a little fun with it. and which trans to go with that engine and what rear end from what year to go with it. I'd also like this make this engine simple. fuck all these vacuum lines and my state dont have emission bullshit

which caddy big block would be the best choice?
    Everything you need to know about a performance Caddy big block is right here.

Home of CAD 500 - Cad Company specializes in engine parts and accessories for Cadillac 500, 472, and 425 engines.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
      Everything you need to know about a performance Caddy big block is right here.

http://www.cad500parts.com/
      went through that site last night

Comment

I put a '74 472 in my '82. You have to use parts from the 368 like the oil pan and sup pump. She has more power and drinks a lot more gas, but she's not the rocket you would think that a 6.0L to a 7.7L would be. Also the '80's bodies are so small and tight that you would have to have custom headers made. Regular 472 block hugger headers won't fit. And the 472 and 368 exhaust ports are differant. One of my Exhaust manifolds broke on the 472, so the mechanic used one of the 368 manifolds. One has square ports and the other has rectangler ports.
        Just letting you know there are many things that go with the transplant.

Comment

Originally posted by HearseHaunter View Post
          I put a '74 472 in my '82. You have to use parts from the 368 like the oil pan and sup pump. She has more power and drinks a lot more gas, but she's not the rocket you would think that a 6.0L to a 7.7L would be. Also the '80's bodies are so small and tight that you would have to have custom headers made. Regular 472 block hugger headers won't fit. And the 472 and 368 exhaust ports are differant. One of my Exhaust manifolds broke on the 472, so the mechanic used one of the 368 manifolds. One has square ports and the other has rectangler ports.
          Just letting you know there are many things that go with the transplant.
          Not to pick on Kevin, he is very right, his car is slow off the line, takes a while to reach peak and even at peak has been put under by my 4.5 in the 88...Watch what you trade it for , a friend of mine and I have been cussing about pulling the racing motor in his dad's 65' chevy to plop in a hearse too...but after looking at what kinda trouble that would be I suggest you really think about doing the swap, anything with more power than what you have is going to DRINK gas like it's going outta style, my 4.5 is very fuel economic and has power to it, but my car is lighter than yours too and the 4.5 has LOTS of plumbing. My pet project is usually mopar 318s so I dunno alot about caddy engines, but I do know that your asking for alot of work!
          Last edited by Luciferica F.D.; 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciferica F.D. View Post
            Not to pick on Kevin, he is very right, his car is slow off the line, takes a while to reach peak and even at peak has been put under by my 4.6 in the 88...Watch what you trade it for , a friend of mine and I have been cussing about pulling the racing motor in his dad's 65' chevy to plop in a hearse too...but after looking at what kinda trouble that would be I suggest you really think about doing the swap, anything with more power than what you have is going to DRINK gas like it's going outta style, my 4.6 is very fuel economic and has power to it, but my car is lighter than yours too and the 4.6 has LOTS of plumbing. My pet project is usually mopar 318s so I dunno alot about caddy engines, but I do know that your asking for alot of work!

yours is either a 4.5 or a 4.9 not a 4.6. had to pick on ya.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeanr View Post
              yours is either a 4.5 or a 4.9 not a 4.6. had to pick on ya.
              cut me a break, I haven't slept well and I've been eating drinking and breathing mopar lately, your lucky I remember that there is a Cadillac sitting in my drive at all...

Comment

my car is horribly underpowered - will hardly go uphill at all - especially from a stop.

however, it's the gas guzzling issue that keeps me from replacing the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciferica F.D. View Post
                  cut me a break, I haven't slept well and I've been eating drinking and breathing mopar lately, your lucky I remember that there is a Cadillac sitting in my drive at all...

Comment

4.5, just one step above the 4.1

Comment

4.5, just one step above the 4.1
                      Thanks for providing Mac's echo, I fixed it ,kids. Yes it's above the 4.1...harder to kill, and still faster than that trasplant of yours, and on top of it all, BETTER ON GAS...Which is a big plus for those who like to kick ass economically. (Not that I'd EVER drag-race anyone anymore..I like to keep my car in driveable shape these days at least the hearse...Now when Christine is back...)

(Still kinda like scaring off crows, eh Jeff?)

Comment

not an echo. he said it was either 4.5 or 4.9 I was just clarifying.
                        And I personly don't care if it's faster than my transplant. You have made that point a couple of post back, no need to say it more than once.
                        In my previous post I meant to say "at least it is a step above the 4.1" ( no offence Ryan)

Comment

In my previous post I meant to say "at least it is a step above the 4.1" ( no offence Ryan)
                          as long as mine runs smoothly i'll leave it be. really the only time it bugs me is when i'm trying to keep up with a convoy. other than that, i'm content with slow cruising

Comment

why did you bring it up then? sounds like an insult.

Comment

I brought it up the second time to show that it wasn't an insult. I was tired when I wrote the first one and it wasn't until I read it again that I realized that it came off that way. Once again I was trying to clarify. I won't say another word.

Comment

Working...
                              X