Home theatre system UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home theatre system UPS

Wow, I'm all done but the cleanup. My home theatre system, and the lamp off to the right, is now running on this one very large UPS, installed in a cabinet, and with two garden tractor batteries for backup. Even with everything on, it isn't using more than 20 percent of its capacity, so I may put my media server on it as well; after all, who wants to lose their funk, or an old Vincent Price movie, just because the power goes out. You can't see the video server...its monitor can be brought up on the TV screen, and I use a remote-control mouse to control it. If I want to use its keyboard, I have to go into the next room.

Now I have to go back to doing girl stuff and get my mess cleaned up. I took a lot of Tony's junk out of that lower cabinet.
    Attached Files

I added the video server, a couple of terabytes of USB storage, network router, etc., and the load is 40 percent now. The battery state of charge lights have made it to the top, so it seems to be able to charge them OK.

Tony wants me to put the Internet router and his VPN gateway on a long-term UPS (I have to put passwords on my machines or he can get into them, even my laptop, from a truck stop). I have a few 500's lying around with dead batteries, so I may spend another $20 at Wal-mart and hook him up.

Too much physical work will mess me up, but I'm not one to sit around doing nothing, so I'm off to APC's website to see if I can get the control software for the 1500, and disable the power loss alarm through a USB or serial port.

Unless maybe someone already has that software...hey, um, Chris?

-denise

Comment

Unless maybe someone already has that software...hey, um, Chris?
      Not to bother. I downloaded it, plugged in my laptop and told it never to turn on the alarm. It works like a champ.

-denise

Comment

Working...
      X