My 1964 Impala and my 1975 Ironhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1964 Impala and my 1975 Ironhead

The impala already has a brand new interior, 327, powerglide, snd so on. I had to replace the valve covers because there was no way to add oil or for the crankcase to breath when i got the car, so when i first picked it up it was blowing oil out of the valve cover gaskets when it got warm. I am fixing to install true lake pipes on it, and in process of blacking the paint out, the 4 different colors of primer just are not appealing at all......but for 1700.00 I stole this car.lol. Especially with the brand new interior.

The Sporty, needs all new wiring and a front brake, but it runs like a scalded dog. Well worth the 1500.00 I spent on it.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
    ......but for 1700.00 I stole this car.lol. Especially with the brand new interior.
    No kidding.....congrats and nice find!

Comment

The bike....
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
        I had to replace the valve covers because there was no way to add oil or for the crankcase to breath when i got the car, so when i first picked it up it was blowing oil out of the valve cover gaskets when it got warm.
        You could of just installed the OE intake back on it. The original intake had the fill tube.

Comment

Originally posted by STODD View Post
          You could of just installed the OE intake back on it. The original intake had the fill tube.

Yeah I know, but I didn't have the original intake, and new valve covers are cheaper...lol

Comment

Yay....the car is almost all flat black. Looks a fuckton smoother already, plus, the black paint will show me all the body imperfections......

Comment

Three words.....FUCKING REAR MAINS.......now out comes the transmission....

Comment

Nevermind, it's not THAT bad, i'll just dump a quart in it once a week, screw it it will live, afterall, it is a gm car

Comment

O.k. Not the rear main,.....rear intake seal.....woot. 30 minute job. and 10 bucks in parts.

Comment

How about some updated pics of the now black car?

Comment

I'll get some up tonight. I have the front end 2 feet off the ground and the front wheels off, trying to repair this redneck assed exaust system best I can untill my exaust guy gets back from his 2 month european vacation, (asshole). I think I'm going to have the exaust straight 2 1/2 pipe, no mufflers, with 3 hole bell flowers out behind the back wheels, with caps so i can adjust the sound. I was going to run lakes on it, but i was advised by the RD guys to go with the bell flowers instead, same look and function, but they wont be all up in the way.

Oh yeah, I'm dropping it 6 inches in the rear and 4 in the front.

Comment

Puttin the drop on a six fo impala - hmmm, where have I heard this before???

[YOUTUBE]XfkDnsxc-zE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

i was thinking more like this.........................

Comment

eh, here's some quick crappy pics i took in a hurry, i'll get better ones tomorrow
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X