'65 M/M Combination project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '65 M/M Combination project

Alright I picked up this sweet '65 Cadillac M/M Combination Hearse ((w/ a 429)) from a friend the other day and a LOT of work needs to be done to it. Any suggestions on where to get parts and such at an affordable rate? Any advice is extremely appretiated, thanks.

Last edited by Baker; 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM.

Really going to depend on the parts you need... Give us a list and some of us will look around....

Comment

Do some investigating Baker... I don't know if it's driveable or not, but the rear end isn't centered in the wheel well so something isn't 100% back there... the rear end is shifted towards the back. Maybe it's a panorama shot & i'm seeing things? The coach doesn't appear to be picked over so consider yourself lucky there! Welcome to NHAA Baker. Look around the forums & post about yourself & your new coach. There's alot of parts, advice, & friends to be had here...

Comment

Alright like I said a lot of work.. I know the rear axle shifted a little bit; It is because one of the leaf springs is in really bad shape almost half of them busted from a trailer unloading accident.

I'm gonna need a 429 rebuild kit among other engine parts ((any is appretiated)), a windshield, floor panels, driver's area headliner / carpet, pretty much need everything for brakes but keeping the drums, and more that does not come currently to mind. The floor in the back needs to be redone but I can get everything pretty easily for that project.

I'll also need to reseal the gas tank so if anyone knows a good place to do that for an affordable price that would be great.

The engine and transmission are not installed, so I can pretty much begin from scratch and do everything right while I still have the engine out

I'll post more soon, running out of time from where I'm currently at.
        Last edited by Baker; 04-29-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Jason has a ton of 63 and 64 stuff and he may have some of the 429 stuff for your 65. Hit him up, he's a good dude.

Comment

Working...
          X