The "Six-Fo" as it looks today......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Six-Fo" as it looks today......

I haven't done much work to it at all. Just put the new tires and shocks on it. Rebuilt the whole brake system. No squeeks, no leaks. The only real pain in the ass I am experiencing is trying to find the striker plate for the latch on the glove box, I cant close the glovebox door.
    Attached Files

NOICE!

Comment

Looks good mang

Comment

Thanks! The glovebox thing is really pissing me off. I cant find one floating on ebay, and none of the Impala Bel Air specialty companies have then either from what I have been able to find. Not having too much luck finding parts cars either, seems in the late 80's when the lust for this particular year model impala took off, everyone bought up all of them, 1/4 got restored, 1/4 got ghettofied, and the other half sat in fields and rotted to the ground. And the majority of the people who own these cars are not comming off of them for some reason. I mean, my personal experience with this car has been nothing short of spiritual in nature, seems to be a pretty common feeling, but that doesn't help me much ><

Comment

Actually, I just found and ordered it. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you start to cross the line from annoyed to pissed off. Impala Bob's has it. 9 bucks.

Comment

lookin' good man

Comment

looks sweet man. just needs some mexican blankets in the interior.

Comment

ya know i was actually thinking that myself, at least just to keep my greasy hands off of the white parts of the interior.....

Comment

Need to bag it and put that bitch in the weeds.

Comment

I am definitely going to drop it. My issue with bagging it is this: Too many people have fucked up these cars doing it. I may bag the rear, cause I am going with the tail dragger stance, and drop the front only 2in maybe. BUT, this decision is really only going to be made if i can find a reliable kit that does not require me to notch out the frame in the rear. That is the spot where things tend to get fucked up. 60% of all the bagged impalas i have seen have cracked or busted frames where they were notched out, the other 40% are trailer queens and dont get driven enough for that to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X