Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting heavy wheels, and oral sex

Who can resist THAT message title?

I need to do a brake job on the Chrysler, but the wheels are too heavy to take off, so, since my grandmother died right after a family argument and I need to take some shit off of my mind anyway, I sat around thinking until I got the OK from Tony to spend about $100 on metal and buy one.

Basically, it is an extension to Mr. Crane, with a bend in it. You slide it into the boom, then you lower the boom until two parallel rollers, made from sliding one piece of steel over another with a little grease, are near the ground and parallel to it. I could put in some adjustments in each direction; for instance, moving the rollers left and right together for bigger or smaller tires. Then you move Mr. Crane forward until the rollers slide underneath the wheel (with car jacked and just a couple of bolts finger-tight), pull a cargo strap (included) around the tire until it locks the wheel in place onto the rollers, and slide the tire back off of the lugs (with the nuts off, of course) because the outside rollers will be a little shorter than the inside ones, and just pull the wheel out with Mr. Crane in reverse.

When you get ready to put it back on, it takes a little practice to drive Mr. Crane, so I might let the extension swivel a little. As long as it's close, the tire's at the right height, so you can easily turn it around on the rollers, or push/pull it in and out to find your lugs. Screw a couple of lug nuts on, undo the strap, and drive Mr. Crane away, or fold it up and leave it in the corner.

Of course I will miss my grandmother, so maybe I'll put her name on it, like a Gwendolyn wheel dolly or something.

Pencil and paper comes out tomorrow, and as soon as I feel well enough, I'll be off to Ace Hardware to buy some metal. If anyone wants to give me advice about getting a patent, it may be that time, because this thing is getting to be really handy handy.

When I get the long extension done, I may hang a heavy weight on the cable, lay out some stuff that I don't like, especially furniture and cast iron stuff like that propane grille, and slew it to pieces like a wrecking ball. When I eventually come down from this, my back will hurt like hell, but I can see me having a whole lot of fun, tearing things apart with a wrecking weight and a boom slew (hint: to slew the boom, you put one motor in forward and one in reverse. It spins around veeeeeeeeeeeery quickly. More fun than oral sex...well, more fun than giving oral sex. Receiving oral sex...umm...that's right up there.

Right up there.

hahahahaha

Maybe I'd better go to bed. I'm just too silly tonight.

-denise

I sooo thought this post was going a different way.

Comment

instead of extending the front legs, add ballast to the back end. probably 200 lbs

Comment

It doesn't need ballast until the load is at least 200#, unless I want to ride on it, and then I can ballast on the hook. It may need ballast in either direction, hook weight when empty, counterweight when loaded. An adjustable seat might help some.

Unfortunately, I might have to give up this life. I was hauled away in an ambulance yesterday, and I'm all messed up inside.

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X