Any ideas where I can get one of these hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas where I can get one of these hoses

So I am replacing the fuel tank in my '72 MM. I ordered a fuel tank, sending unit and lock ring for a '77 Fleetwood and it looks like everything is going to fit up just fine. I will take pictures and post them.

However, my filler hose is dry rotted and leaks. I took it to a local hose shop and they are telling me they can't make one. Before I go to the muffler shop and have a hard line made, I was hoping someone might have another idea. Any suggestions.

Here's a photo:
    Attached Files

only thing i can think of is using radiator hoses and some pieces of pipe and a few clamps to get the right bends.....might cost you a bit and trial and error, but the autozone by my house will let me go behind the counter and match up hoses when I need to.

Comment

I retro fit a tank made for an early bronco in my '71 International Scout and had to make a new filler hose. I bought some fuel rated hose at O'reilly's other auto supply places may have it as well. Not sure how easy the bends will be, but you might be able to use short 90's from muffler pipe and save a little on the cost of having one fabbed up.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
        only thing i can think of is using radiator hoses and some pieces of pipe and a few clamps to get the right bends.....might cost you a bit and trial and error, but the autozone by my house will let me go behind the counter and match up hoses when I need to.
        Radiator hose is not made for gas. It would eventually start to break down into little rubber balls and plug up you filter. I bought from Napa a universal gas filler hose for mine when the radiator hose the previous owner installed, and a new filter, and cleaned out my float bowls. Any metal supply shop worth it's name will have pre-bent 90's and 45's pipe fittings in stock. Should work.

Comment

I didn't think about what would happen running gas through regular rubber hose. Musta slipped my mind.

Comment

I made mine out of PVC pipe (fuck the cynics, it's been there 5 years), but I think the best thing to do is have a metal one made up at an exhaust shop, and you can get the end hoses at NAPA. It's just regular fuel filler hose. If it has a vent hose, you can use heater hose for that, probably.

-denise

Comment

I had one bent up at the radiator shop and used new hose pieces on each end to connect it to the filler neck, worked out fine.

If anyone needs to replace their tank in a 71-76 MM, the 1977 Fleetwood tank and sending unit from Spectra (I got mine from JC Whitney) works just fine. Order the one with filler neck and cut it off shorter...

Comment

Working...
              X