No announcement yet.

Just got my first procar - '96 Caddy Eureka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I now have a complete and totally functional car.
    Took her on a late night grocery run to wally world.
    Still gotta do the rotors and pads and get her an alignment.
    The rocker trim I made came out great - I R happy

Comment

So I'll go on talking to myself....

This kind of stuff is probably old and boring to y'all but this is all new and cool to me.

I didn't have the extra $$ to have polished stainless laser cut window plaques, so I made a set out of plexi

$13 worth of plexi from Lowe's cut down to 7"x24"
      round off the corners
      strip the protective coating off the backside. painted it black
      made silver vinyls for the front side

Anyway, they came out pretty good, I'll try to get some pics of them installed in the daylight in a few hours.

Comment

Those look pretty sharp! And congrats on getting the Eureka back in complete order.

What other plans "fun stuff" do you have in mind for Pandora?

Comment

What would it take to get those Zombie Response Unit stickers? You had a lot of people asking on your other thread...

Comment

Grats on getting the hearse.

If you want to say how many bad spots you have in your body, wax the car. You'll find them everywhere.

As for the 77 Cad, I had a problem with the relay in my 78, and I went to Elliot's and replaced it with a small 40-amp relay. Then I was able to amputate half of the fusebox. Those tall relays usually work the rivets lookse and short out. I don't remember any other troubles, except that the relay problem also caused arcing and overheating on the Climatron control, which is really the same problem.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by EvilManor View Post
              Those look pretty sharp! And congrats on getting the Eureka back in complete order.

What other plans "fun stuff" do you have in mind for Pandora?
              Kinda thinking about doing a stealth thing with it.
              Keep it looking stock, like a working car but be able to make it sort of 'cooler on demand'.
              Hidden stuff, like neon/LEDs underneath, strobes in the fenderwells, backlight the grill, flowmasters for some growl, maybe airbags so I can lay it out.
              Mostly stuff you would never be able to tell when driving around during the day.

Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
              What would it take to get those Zombie Response Unit stickers? You had a lot of people asking on your other thread...
              replied in the other thread, let me know what size you want

Comment

When I got the car, she was missing the rocker trim between the pax fender skirt and the back door.
                Here's the piece I made
                used a 3' long piece off the rear passenger door off of a '93 donor at the boneyard, cut it down made new mounting and the finished off the raw end
                Attached Files

Comment

since she's now "complete", time to start adding goodies.
                  Added a backup camera with a 7" widescreen monitor overtop of the factory rearview
                  Also added red LEDs to do a glowing backlight behind the grill and have a few other ideas in mind.
                  Problem was switches. I want to keep everything stealth so drilling dash panels for big ugly switches wasn't an option.
                  I made a little metal panel to fill one of the dual ashtray holes and will sink switches in it. If I do both ashtray holes I can fit 4 switches without crowding.
                  The hole is for an LED indicator.
                  Once I do the rest of the proects/switches I'll make some labels for them to finsih it off.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Added a backup camera with a 7" widescreen monitor overtop of the factory rearview
                    Will you post a picture of the camera? i got one for my hearse, but the monitor is only around 2.5", but it's color and that helps. Size does matter, when it comes to a screen.
                    I do like the switch in the ashtray.

Comment

Backup camera? I just throw it in reverse and whip my head around.

Comment

Here are the camera pics
                        still working out a couple of bugs - the tape is covering the infrared LEDs, since I mounted it inside the glass, they make major glare - I'll do something more professional later.
                        pics of the monitor kinda suck, hard to take a pic of a mirror
                        When its off its a mirror, the pic of it on is just looking at the barndoors to my workshop
                        Attached Files

Comment

Also got her keyless entry working tonight!

Comment

I know its probably way late, but congrats on the purchase and awesome upgrade ideas, love the incognito switch thing! If you can, once all the lights are installed get a night time light up pic of her!

Comment

i put the keyless entry in mine too. it's a pretty handy thing

Comment

Originally posted by jlprigmore View Post
                                I know its probably way late, but congrats on the purchase and awesome upgrade ideas, love the incognito switch thing! If you can, once all the lights are installed get a night time light up pic of her!
                                Ran into a snag on doing the undercar lights- nowhere to mount the tubes that you can't see the actual tubes from the side.
                                Gonna have to either build a shield to hide the tubes or use LED pods instead of standard undercar tubes since I just want the glow without the tacky look of the bulbs themselves showing.

snagged 1 pair of purple strobes for the wheel wells but they suck so I'm back to looking.
                                I'd love to have a 4-6 channel whelen strobe unit like I have on my Jeep but the $$ just isn't there right now.

Sooo for now she just has a gentle red glow inside the grill - which actually looks cool as hell

now that I managed to snag the last of the "needed" parts (bier pins) I can go back to trying to score accessories on the cheap!

well, she could also use a new piece of drivers front door lower rocker trim as the previous owner ran a sheetmetal screw through it to hold it on
                                I think the '93 Fleetwood I've been raiding at the local boneyard may have that piece left, just gotta get out there n check, the other rocker I bought from them to make a piece for the hearse stretch ran me all of $10!

Comment

Working...
                                X