My 4x4 Hearse ......Hearse-Zilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4x4 Hearse ......Hearse-Zilla

Well here it is, Hearse-Zilla. I sold this hearse a year ago and the guy who bought it just put it in his garage and didnt have time to play with it so he sold it back to me. Me and my buddy jim built this hearse 6 years ago at an ungodly cost. Meaning it wasn't cheap. This hearse has a 12' super lift and sits on 44' mud swampers and is powered by a mildly supped up 350 with 3/4 ton axles.

Very kOoL...

Comment

I sure would not want to do that to a cherry coach, but that thing looks badass.

I see so many paint options for that it's insane.

Got any plans for her?

Comment

Well the coach I used had a blown engine and it was missing a rear axle so I chopped it up and lifted it. Im thinking about doing a cemetery scene on the side with my hearse ripping through a cemetery like Godzilla ripping through a city. But what ever I do it cant be perfect because after plowing through 7-8 foot mud pits the paint uasally get messed up.

Comment

LOL that is a sweet idea. I would look into doing it in vinyl. You can get a few done and when it gets destroyed you can tear it off and put it on again!

Comment

Consider using a laser print vehicle wrap. Doing so will enable replacing whatever portion gets screwed up almost seamlessly. Once the design is digital, producing a percentage of it is easy.

Costs vary greatly, location dependent. Range could be $4.50-$12/ft according to how many local businesses produce in house.

Comment

And due to your use no need for the highest quality stuff. I mean it will be torn off faster than the cheapo stuff gives in to UV damage right?

Long story, but in a nutshell a friend in tinting and stuff here refuses to get into wraps because he hates crap quiality product, but using the good stuff he could not compete with the tons of folks that are wrapping cars cheap around here (Florida). This has me thinking for your use (or abuse lol) that same cheaper product may be perfect as it will long be scratched up before the lack of UV protectant in it shows any discoloration.

Comment

There's been only a few 4x4 hearses that I've actually thought looked good,and this is definetely one to add to the list of good looking conversions! Very good lookin coach!

Comment

Originally posted by jlprigmore View Post
                  There's been only a few 4x4 hearses that I've actually thought looked good,and this is definetely one to add to the list of good looking conversions! Very good lookin coach!
                  Yeah my the first one I saw has his pics on Hearse Space, but there are too may non-essential parts on her for really muddin' with her. Not only that it's just a body lift.

I am excited to see some pics of this coach flinging mud all over itself.

Comment

Spec's - hearse mounted to a full size suburban frame. 12' super lift with 5 inch frame lift. built 350 engine and 44' mud tires. This beast is unstoppable in the mud.

Comment

Prove it! ;p

(That is my smartass just wanting to see cool pics of her slinging mud.)

Comment

I really dont have any pics of this thing mudding it's a little hard to take pics of yourself while driving it but im getting hooked up with a local mud bog club and going mudding. The Hearse is being sent to my buddy's shop to get a 383 stroker put in it but as soon as she is done i will sure post some pics. Also anything with a 350 in it and 44' mud tires can easily ride through a pile of mud. My planes are to weld four metal caskets together and run them over. Or even drag a couple of caskets by chains through the mud. Some might say what I did to this Hearse is wrong by chopping it up and tearing up caskets but I really dont care. I am the founder of the Dead Society Hearse Club and I have owned over 28 Hearse since 2002 and I kinda got board with the same o same o so I switched it up in a big way. I got an privet message from someone telling me I wasn't a real Hearse driver because of what I did. Can you believe that. My Hearse still hauls caskets the same as a stock Hearse only thing different is if there is 5 feet of snow or the cemetery floods with 5 feet of mud I can still deliver my goods lol.

Comment

Who cares what anyone else thinks! It's a sweet ride and definetely post some 4wheelin pics!

Comment

Thats my thoughts as well. I was contacted by a guy who has an newer style box lifted 4x4 ambulance and we are thinking on having a tug of war meaning we get in a mud pit and hook the rear of are frames together and see who can pull each other away from the middle. It would make a cool ambulance vs Hearse match. Not sure when and where my Hearse is getting redone and he lives in Pennsylvania but be sure if we can set it up the ambulance is going down.

Comment

Now if you took a cherry coach and did that I may have issues with it, but barring that, if anyone told me that while I was driving your coach I'd tell them they better move theirs before I drive over and park on it.

Do whatever you want to do. Hell we are driving HEARSES, there are plenty of folks that take issue with that, F them too, enjoy your ride and I hope to see some cool pics you convince someone else to take for you. I got people telling me mine was not old enough, well F that as well. I do want an older coach, but the style I have is the one I remember my relatives driving around (not a coach mind you) so for me it is what I grew up identifying as a Caddy. Now mind you I was used to the 0's versions, but at least till '92 they still had the same overall shape. After that they are less attractive to me, but hell I am not gonna give anyone shit for driving the car they like.

I think iyours is badass. Drive it like you stole it and you have to run over the police roadblock to get away.

I am anxious to see Grimzilla going through a cemetary lol. ( refering to the artwork you mentioned)

Comment

Working...
                              X