Why do I always do this.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I always do this.......

I always seem to be drawn to bastard cars. The new floorpans for the 51 plymouth should be here any time today. Yesterday I took a grinder and a philips screwdriver to the old "access panel" the pan where all my pedals are located, and got it out of the way. But the way the throttle pedal mounts is so.......umm....prehistortic in it's simplicity, yet the guy before me welded a couple of pieces of metal to it to keep it in place, rather than replace the panel (which just bolts in) so this is going to give me some trouble I am sure. It's an unusual set up, I will post pics when the new panels get here, i chewed the old one up getting it out.

Holy shit there are a fuckton of levers and rods, and just all sorts of crap under that floorpanel. My 53 chevy had less than half of this amount of "workings" under it. It seems like if something broke, it would take you 5 days of removing other stuff just to get to the broken piece.

And they lowered the rear of the car all sorts of fucked up. No new U bolts. no blocks. They took 1 leaf spring out. it bounces like a motherfucker.

alright. Here's the floor panel......love the redneck welding job.

then all the stuff under the panel

then the fucked up lowering job.......

And finally, my beautiful self made door panels......
    Attached Files

Comment

You might try new shocks for the bounce. I'm not sure if air shocks would help or not, but if the shocks are worn, the tires will slap the road and give you a bouncier ride.

-denise

Comment

Those door panels look dope man.

If you need any help, lemme know.

Comment

Working...
        X