We need a new section in here........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a new section in here........

I was thinking, we need a new section in here called the "wall of shame" for posting pics/video/and stories of shit we fucked up while trying to do respectable work on our vehicles. I do believe it could pose for great amusement.

Like for instance......

I had to pull the pass side head from the t bird to remove the broken exhaust manifold. And what happens when you pull intakes? whatever water and oil is left in the ports tends to go into the block and the intake/ exhaust ports in the head. well, i didnt remove the other head. o i got it put back together yesterday and went to start it, and it started running like fucking shit, and smelled like it was overheating, white smoke everywhere. then i realized, oh shit, i didnt pull the plugs and dry spin it to get the water out of the head on the driver's side.

Fouled out every single fucking spark plug in the head ><.

Long time ago I did a top eng on a yamaha Virago bike. Overhead cam design. I forgot to tighten the bolt that held the sprocket to the cam on the front jug. Got 2 miles down the road before it locked up. LOOONG push back to the house, most of it up hill.

Comment

had to put an engine in a pt cruiser at work.(those things suck big fat hairy donkey balls to r&r) got called away in the middle of it. I thought i had torqued the flexplate bolts- oops i just used my makita to snug them. put everything back together and it ran like a top. in the bay Went for my test drive and it was making all kinds of racket. I realized what happened. side note it's easier to pull a transmission on a pt than an engine.

Comment

Wall of Shame or Visual Acuity Blocked by an Anal Obstruction.. I have found most fuck ups are from having my head up my ass....

Comment

Working in the dark is a bad habit of mine. You can change the oil on a New Yorker Brougham just by reaching up underneath it, but there is one thing that you need to remember...the oil filter will screw onto the exposed threads of a torsion bar more easily than it will go into the oil pump. You would be amazed at how quickly a Melling hi-velocity oil pump can dump the contents of your oil pan onto your garage floor, while the filter sits there on the end of a torsion bar and laughs at you.

-denise

Comment

Working...
          X