Casket DJ/VJ system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casket DJ/VJ system

So this is the current project in version 0.2.13. Future versions will have the gear mounted in the bottom and the flatscreen in the lid. Everyone really "dug" it.

I got my inspiration from the casket computer. http://www.gadgetblog.it/post/1276/la-windows-tomba contains some great pictures of it.

As far as I know I'm the only guy to have DJ'ed out of a casket, ever. Which is kind of neat to think about, however I'm sure someone else must have come up with something similar.
    Last edited by Scary Guy; 02-15-2010, 10:41 PM. Reason: Added links to other pictures.

i had to give up the Dj thing the needles started to hurt ....

you guys with your cd and mp3s blah blah

but thats cool

i have djed out of a 3way tables out the side bass out the back it was wwack
    Attached Files

Comment

that looks pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post
        i had to give up the Dj thing the needles started to hurt ....

you guys with your cd and mp3s blah blah

but thats cool

i have djed out of a 3way tables out the side bass out the back it was wwack
        The week before I did vinyl, and I actually know what vinyl is.

Comment

Dj gear..!

Lookin' good. I live in the UK and I have some pictures of a mobile disco taken some years ago with a similar setup.. look how different our coffins (sorry caskets..!) are to yours, also follow the links to http://www.gothiclimousines.co.uk/ he had a great '72 caddy limo-hearse now in Australia I believe.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/DELL/Desktop/coffinpic.JPG[/IMG] if this Pic dosen't work go to http://www.gothic666.demon.co.uk/setup.html and follow the links. have a great day.

Comment

You guys put my fancy-schmancy stereo head unit to shame!

Comment

I talked with a guy the other night who's a DJ at a meeting I go to. He says he had a casket setup years ago. I told him to get me some pictures, he says he'll work on it.

ukdoa, got a closeup of how the items are mounted in it? I see the dual deck and mixer, where's the head unit controller for the dual deck though? Nice setup for lighting control too. What's on top of the mixer?

Comment

Hi scaryguy, this is a site that is no longer a mobile disco, as far as I'm aware. I also VJ in and around my hometown of Blackpool, and this isn't my setup, sorry if it came across as this was my rig. I came across this site a few years ago while researching for a rock night, and thought this was really different. As an aside, the owner sold this disco on, and bought the Caddy hearse-Limo, which I believe was commissioned by Rob Zombie to promote his album American made music to strip by! perhaps other members have info on who did the work?

Comment

No biggie, I was just wondering because it's kind of hard to tell in the photo what some of that is. Looks like there's a compartment for storage as well.

There are tons of ways I could mount all the equipment but I'm not exactly sure how I'll go about it yet. I kind of want to leave the casket in tact as much as possible. Eventually I'll do a custom interior for it as well so everything looks nice and neat.

Comment

like it Scary get a hold of me and lets mount the shit.

Comment

As a suggestion, how about having the casket lid hinge from each end (as opposed to the side) then fabricate a bracket, so that you can be behind the decks facing the audience, (never liked the idea of having your back to the crowd) they can then still see the casket, and the mount twin video monitors inside the lids, so they can turn with some kind of swivel mounting and face them, now that would look really good. Try Otsav for software it's what I use, and it's so reliable, plus the quality is superb. let us know how you get on.

Comment

I'm partial to Virtual DJ Pro myself since it does video as well and I've never had a problem with it. I'll check out your favorite though, but I don't see myself changing any time soon.

I don't mind facing away from the crowd. I want it to look as traditional as possible since I think it's more creepy that way. It's not like most of them can figure out what I'm doing anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X