Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you who have painted your own...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens when your battery dies? :P

Comment

I always have a mechanical safety way in. Some have outside releases for the hood or trunk (depending on where ther battery is located), some have emergency cables that run through the door hinges, every car is different. Luckily I've never had to use them, lol. Besides, most cars you can actually reach the main starter wire through the wheel well or under behind the core support, and charge the battery from there.

That's actually how I met my wife. She had a truck with shaved handles (they were installed really $hitty by some idiot, and he use crappy poppers). She called all around until she found someone that had any idea what she was talking about (me), and I went out and got it open for her. Then I rebuilt the whole system and she never had another problem. A couple years later we got married, and it's been many super awesome years ever since. (she's the greatest chick in the world!)

Comment

haha now that is what I call work benefits!

Comment

Yep, it's the best job I ever took, lol. (everything happens for a reason)

Comment

dumb question but how do you go about painting the roof on one of these monsters? lol

Comment

Since most of them have trim to break up the body from the top, you would paint the top first (so you don't accidentally drag the air hose along the wet paint on the sides, lol), then mask it off to paint the body. The trim will hide your tape line. And we use long risers, (that look kinda like picnic table benches) to stand on while painting the roof.

Mine has a phantom top on it, I sewed up convertible top material, and glued it on to cover the roof.

Comment

Working...
              X