Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know my tastes are crazy, but would you.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know my tastes are crazy, but would you.....

Think this would be cool on a hearse?

mammoth.JPG

We did one back in the 80's like that, and it was way cool. The only problem was, the fake fur has no UV protection in it, and tends to fade and get pretty matted up over time out in the elements. If you kept in inside quite a bit, it would last a long time. If you do it, make sure you use a contact type glue called "Landau Top Adhesive" only. We use it to install phantom tops and such, and it's the only thing out there that will not release when it gets hot in the sun. You can get it at upholstery supply stores and shops. It will need to be shot from a paint gun using a compressor and comes in 1 gal and 5 gal containers.

BTW, have you ever seen that thing run? It's friggin fast, and cool to watch. It was on Pinks a while back too.

Comment

Back in the 70's at least one of the Batmobiles was covered in black "flocking" that made it feel like it was covered in velvet. The type of stuff that is on the inside of a jewelry box.

Comment

why not just do this...

pipandco_dumbcar_090527_01.jpg

Comment

I don't know about a car that needs a shave and a hair cut, it's not something I would do, but if you do it, I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaptinkaos View Post
            I don't know about a car that needs a shave and a hair cut,
            Oh c'mon, it's only 2 bits!

Comment

Maybe instead of a vinyl top. Like a toupee of sorts.

Comment

Working...
              X