Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61' S&S Victoria she's getting her new 512 and TH400

I just hope the custom Headers fit hehe

The headers arent actually hitting the chrome it just looks like it, the engine was in storage a long while so its getting cleaned up and we're mocking up engine mounts already.

Comment

That's a great project. What kind of cam are you going to be using? Going with HEI, or points?

Comment

Hey Morella

Ya I'm going with a MTS #10 grind nothing crazy it's already got the 1969 472 small cc heads on it so the compression is probably going to be around 12.1 higher than I wanted it but fuck it haha oh and a stock HEI distributor for now I'll put a advance kit in it later depending on how she pulls

Comment

Your planning on driving to Denver with 12 to 1 compression? With todays gas, 10 to 1 would scare Me, unless You stop at airports along the way. Are You upgrading Your valve train for that MTS 10 or leaving it stock?

Comment

No I'm not if anything I'd have to trailer her because the engine is still new and tight. But I'm against trailers. And I've built a few 11.8.1 engines before on cast iron heads as long as you keep them out of detonation it's all good, ive ran a 11.8 comp thin walled 60 over small block chevy pretty hard and it ran nice on 89 octane,even better on 92 octane. Don't let machine shops scare you with their magical 10.1 max CR scare. =)

Comment

Looking forward to this buildup!

Comment

You got more details on the build parts?

Comment

Working...
                X