putting two together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting two together

was just wondering how compatable or how difficult it would be to put a 71 or 72 front clip on 69 or 70 body

That would be kinda tricky to pull off. I have seen 59 front and back on 70's stuff. Hell i had 58 fins put on my old 73 superior. It will be triky tho to make it look right. I was gonna put a 68 on my 69. 71 And 72 are a bit wider then the 69 and 70.

Comment

I'd want the 2 cars side by side. I'd think grafting the core support on would be easy enough. Like X said width could be an issue. Next do the doors and fenders follow a similar arc along the slab and at the seam? How different are the firewalls for hood hinges and fender mounting? Easier to put 69/70 tail lights on a 71/72!

Comment

I have often wondered the same about putting a 68 clip on my 69 Miller. Best thing I can tell you is to find a 71-72 caddy, and bust out the tape measure. Measure EVERYTHING. look at body lines, how far the hood comes back to the windshield, I mean everything. That's the only way to do it. And if you feel you can tackle it, and that its pheasable (and it is) , then start cuttin man!

Comment

I have a 72 M-M. I can get you pics and numbers if youd like

Comment

Working...
          X