New to NHAA, Parts? Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to NHAA, Parts? Info?

Hey I am just starting to work on my 1970 Cadillac M&M Citation Endloader. New to the site and loving it so far.. needs bodywork and some mechanical work and parts here and there.. but is mostly complete. The big thing I have been looking for is a rear bumper (its rusted out) will know more of what it needs soon when I really start looking at it..
    Attached Files

Welcome to the NHAA.

How are your bumper ends? Center section fits from '65 to like '76 (hotroddwayne can correct the latter). Only portions that changes are reverse lights. Have access to a MM ambulance rear center off a '72.

Comment

Bumper ends are pretty well perfect don't know why the bumber decided to rot out.. Thanks for the info I knew some years would fit but did not know that many would. How much are you asking for the 72's bumper? and what would it be to ship to Maine? I'm trying to find one reasonably priced without the shipping killing me. Thanks

Comment

That bumper center is sitting in the back of said ambulance, already removed, in a wrecking yard. Best I can do is get a price next time there in person. No idea what weight nor shipping would be. They don't ship, self pull place, cash only.

PM your email for pics.

Comment

Ok that would be great if you can.. Then let me know? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Devilindebt View Post
            Bumper ends are pretty well perfect don't know why the bumber decided to rot out..
            I can probably give you a pretty good guess. As I had the same issue with my '72. If you ever get that car stuck or spin the wheels in the mud I think you will find that it will fill the bumber with mud, not in the ends but in the center section where the ends attach. This dirt draws moisture from the air and over time you get rust through from the backside. My bumper looked pretty good until I touched it. The only thing that was there was the chrome. When I got in behind the bumper I scraped out about a pound or so of graveyard dirt.

So i check those places on my bumpers regularly now and clean out any dirt that might be setting in there.

Comment

I wish the person I bought it from would've known that haha.. But good to know I will keep it in mind

Comment

Welcome to the forum! My 69 M&M suffered the same fate on the rear bumper. Pretty common. Nice looking 70 tho! Goodluck!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Check your email.

Comment

I will check my donor and see how bad they are. the yard I have been using has 3 70's in the yard that I have been robbing parts from. I will be out there this saturday

Comment

Working...
                      X