Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to clean/polish/pretect your coffin floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to clean/polish/pretect your coffin floor?

Hey guys.

I was hoping some of you guys might have opinions on the best product for cleaning the coffin floor of hearses. When I first got mine, I picked up a few cleaning supplies, as well as a bottle of orange glow.

The floor in my 69 is a simulated wood panel I guess. I really don't know exactly what it is, or if most hearses are the same. Its in decent shape. Its got some light to moderate scratches here and there, but overall nice. The orange glow leaves a nice shine, kinda conceals the scratches, but its hard to get the shine even, and it doesn't last long, plus it becomes greasy. And when the sun comes through the windows, (haven't made new curtains yet) it dries the floor up really bad. So I think orange glow is a no no. I guess since its made for real wood floors.

Any one got any products that they like to use on their floor? I'm looking for something to clean and protect mostly, but id really like something to really make the floor shine, look nice and stand out too...the orange glow makes the floor look great for a day but the side effects aren't worth it. Was thinking of picking up some plain ole furniture polish tomorro. But I figured id ask what you guys might be using.

Thanks guys!!

Were I to find myself with a floor that wasn't rotted all to hell, I'd likely just stick with some linseed oil unless I felt a need to stain the wood to a particular tone to match other interior choices.

Comment

I've used "Believe it or not" Lemon Pledge on mine for years...works quite well on the ambulance floors also. Buffs up really nice and lasts for quite some time. Works well on old enamel paints too...just takes alot of buffing to spread it out.

Comment

Before I got a casket (that's now in the way), I cleaned my floor with Scott's Liquid Gold.

liqpour.jpg

Comment

Comment

V8, believe it of not I thought of the same thing when I was talking about furniture polish. I am a huge family guy fan. I have every season lol....noo no...Mr. superman no home...hahaha

Comment

I 2nd the Liquid Gold. Josh beat Me to it.

Comment

I also use pledge. The first hearse we bought actually had a bottle in it from the funeral home so I figure it works well cuz the floor in that car is pretty pristine.

Comment

The floor in my casket area is stainless steel, I just wipe it with a rag.

Comment

Working...
                  X