No announcement yet.

LT1 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way they rated the engine horsepower in 58 vs 95 is completely different. Just looking at the stated numbers doesn't tell the whole story. Comparing gross HP to net HP is comparing apples to oranges. Here's a little article giving a quick rundown on the difference: http://ateupwithmotor.com/automotive...orsepower.html ............. The other thing to keep in mind is that the 95 limo has a horribly restrictve air intake and exhaust system from the factory that will most likely be replaced with a higher flowing setup during the swap giving a HP boost in the process. A good dual exhaust system, a high flow breather and a chip burnt to match with a different timing curve and fuel map could place in close to the 300hp range. And that's real world power, not a perfect engine on a stand with no parasitic loss taken into consideration the way they rated them in 58.

Comment

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with my posts. I was just pointing out that the LT1 in question doesn't make the kind of power that the 365 did. Having said that, we're now discussing complete intake and exhaust swaps along with updated ECM details and have a fictitious LT1 engine that is almost close to making the same power that a bone stock 365 has been capable of for over 50 years. Apples and oranges indeed.
      Last edited by Dickey; 12-16-2011, 03:06 AM. Reason: been drinking, needed to switch words

Comment

Not fictitious in my case anyway. You made me wonder what exact engine is in my '95 Superior Crown and I appreciate that.

Comment

No feelings are hurt, simply trying to help out with advice from real world experiences with both families of engines and having done a similiar swap in the past. I personally prefer the newer drivelines, my experience has been that they drive nicer, get better gas mileage, and parts are easier and cheaper to get. With that being said I will politely bow out of this thread and if Dr Feelgood or anyone else would like to discuss things further they can PM me and I will give them my shop number and email.

Comment

Working...
          X