Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new guy hello and question

Hello,
    My name is mike, and I just started working on my 79 miller meteor cadi that I've have had for about 4 years now named judith o dea. I just started on a full frame off restoration and plan on having everything replaced and fixed by the time she s done. My question is does anybody have any tips or hints for getting the body off the frame and the best way to have it set up while I'm working on the frame and everything else?

Welcome, and be patient someone will eventually respond with some advice.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Dont know any useful info about frame off for your Hearse. Be careful of body flex.

Comment

Hi H&H

Please don't take this wrong, but why?

I take my hat off to you for such a commitment and endevor.

It is thrilling to have a hearse, but the 1979 may not be the model/body style to go through such a HUGE undertaking.
        The return on investment probably won't pan out.
        Frame off resto's are usually only worth the effort for highly sought after models.

You can do 90% of the restoration or pimpification leaving the frame in tact.

Just my $.02

Comment

listen to BIGEVIL you must. help you, he can.

Comment

Well, I was happy with how I had her. Won a few car shows, and kept her in the best shape. But she was broke into, then a few months later a car hit and ran when I was in a store, I lost intrest and it went downhill from there. And now that I have a well paying job I want to bring her back to full glory. As well as the fact that it gives me a good project to do, im sure that the return on investment won't be nywhere close. But the joy knowing that my dream car will be perfect, makes it all worth while. This is what she looked like before the stream of bad luck... 14561_105556686123963_100000088974297_150854_5036860_n.jpg

Comment

Cool car none the less.

Comment

Working...
              X