68 s&s with the wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 s&s with the wheels

still haing trouble getting the roof done but the wheels make her look nice i think
    Attached Files

I don't think I've ever seen tires that low profile. What are those, 20 series?

Comment

they ar e20" wheels with 40 series tires im have air ride put on it so i wanted to go with a low profile

Comment

Just curious.
        Dunnno if it is urban legend or not. I have heard hearses are known to destroy spoke and euro style wheels due to being unable to withstand the lateral load when cornering. Any truth to that?

Comment

i havent heard of any problems and i have not had any problems yet either so i guess time will tell

Comment

Must be an optical illusion then, or you have really narrow tires, because I'm pretty sure I'm running 20" 40 series tires on the back of my ambulance and they look way thicker. Mine aren't all that wide either.

I'm sure more than a few people here will be interested in the details of your Air Ride setup when you get it done. I'm running that on my ambulance as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by R U INJRD; 12-28-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I said a little prayer for you that there are no potholes wherever you travel. With no sidewall there's nothing to absorb a pothole encounter that'll bend the rim. I'm not criticizing your ride... only reliving flashbacks of the tire shop back in the day... when "rubber band tires" were popular. I had a sledgehammer I used daily beating on rims like those, trying to get them to hold air again.

Comment

@ r u injured it may seem smaller because in the pic they were low on air. the car still drives and handles fine. but im sure all that will change when the air ride gets installed. i will most likely get a thicker side wall tire at that point. i bought the rime with the tires off of craigslist for the large price of 300 bucks so i figured i couldnt go wrong.

@ hot rod wayne. thanks for the prayers i to have had the good times of beating wheels back in place to hold air. i have been pretty worried about the potholes myself. i feel that since the car is so heavy that wont be helping either but so far so good. and if they do get messed up im only out 300 bucks

Comment

Air is awesome. Can't wait to see it draggin frame.

Comment

Ive had 14" knock off wire wheels on mine for 2 years now and have had no issuses and thats living in Ohio with potholes everywhere and I have hydraulic suspension, lol.

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post
                    Just curious.
                    Dunnno if it is urban legend or not. I have heard hearses are known to destroy spoke and euro style wheels due to being unable to withstand the lateral load when cornering. Any truth to that?

Comment

Working...
                    X