Custom Flame Seat almost finished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Flame Seat almost finished.

Certainly the most insane seat I have ever built for a car.

complete[1].jpg

Dude that's bad ass. It would make a nice couch. Is it for the front seat? or for the back?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

Its going in the front of 1 of the 1960's, just not sure which one.

I still need to secure the upholstered panels and mount those claw feet in the corners. The balls are real glass and will glow if I put a small led behind them.

Comment

It looks great! But the racecar driver in me wants to know a couple of things. Is there any metal in the framework for structural (safety) mounting? Do the armrests move to allow ease of entry/ exit? I'm not trying to take anything away from your work, It's beautiful.

Comment

Going in a hearse??? I would put that in my living room.

Comment

I'm not trying to take anything away from your work, It's beautiful.
            Its ok, I expected some concerns.

The back rest is 6 sheets of wood glued together in a curve. I took 800 lbs of pressure in a jig to form it. Kind of like how they build a skateboard, but much thicker and stronger. It is held to the base with (6) 1/4" brackets. Because of the curved shape where they come together offers a very strong bond. The seat bolts go through 1 1/2" of plywood with fender washers on the the original adjusters.

The arm rests are only 4" high. No problem getting my fat ass over them.

It is very thick and strong. Is it as safe as the original seat? Probably not. But since it is only a show car and rarely driven, I am not too concerned. If and when I ever go to sell the car, I will be taking it out as to avoid the responsibility.

Comment

Way kOoL piece and the upholstery is sweet...

Comment

where u get that fabric? its awesome!

Comment

where u get that fabric? its awesome!
                  I had a couple of members ask me that. I'm always here to help you guys (and gals)
                  I have to tell you though, I'm not sure this fabric will stand up to a lot of abuse. It punctures and snags much easier than normal upholstery.
                  Here you go....

Comment

Damn.....we ought to have a build off someday between you and me! Very very nice. You still showing car's in Phoenix?

Comment

Hey CCW,
                      Long time.
                      You certainly have some talent. I don't think I could hold a candle to you.
                      I don't have to tell you how hot its been. Haven't done a show since April.

By the way, I'm probably going to end up selling that seat. By the time I build the rest of the car around it, I would have too much time and money in a car that was just to fxxk around with.

If any one is interested in the seat or my roadster, feel free to PM me. I'm an hour S/E of Phoenix.

Miss you guyz

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
                        Hey CCW,
                        Long time.
                        You certainly have some talent. I don't think I could hold a candle to you.
                        I think we are pretty even in the creativity area. But thanks for the complement! Hope to see you soon.

Comment

What Roadster?

Comment

What Roadster?
                            60 Cad side.jpg

Comment

Thats what the flame seat was going to go in, but I really don't have the desire to put that much time and effort in to totally redoing the interior. Its already pretty cool.

Zebra!.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X