• Nikki's 1966 Chevy 4x4!

Help me sell this thing please.

paint it greeen and call it frankie

Comment

good luk gettin 2k for that

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
        good luk gettin 2k for that
        I appreciate your insight into the Atlanta off-road market.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
          I appreciate your insight into the Atlanta off-road market.
          He's an asshole, but he's right.

Then again I'm a hearse guy so I have no clue either.

Anyway, good luck finding someone with less sense than money.

Comment

We live in a pretty 'neck part of Georgia - the price is based around going rate for similar. I honestly want to get 1800 for it, so I set it up a little higher to give folks some room to negotiate to meet. It's a pretty kick ass truck built with the right shit for serious mudding.

Comment

terrible 1/2 ton drivetrain. i built a few offroaders and no way would i consider that capable or 2k worth of truck. i say 500-700$

Comment

Got a guy coming by today to leave a 500 deposit on the full amount. It's worth 2k to him.

What is the point you are trying to make? Is there some superiority that you need to exert and condescension you need to imply? Why do you feel this is a 'terrible' drivetrain?

Comment

I think it is a simple misunderstanding of goals. Anyone can go play in the mud with their vehicle depending on how deep it is. I've done it in an MR2 Spyder. The 1/2 ton axles aren't really an issue and, within reason, so long as you have sufficient meat on the rims getting stuck is unlikely.

A lot of people out west and such confuse the expression mudding with offroading. Offroading elsewhere in the world typically features climbing over things like rocks, tree trunks, etc though mud can be included as well. This is where 1/2 ton axles earn their reputation for leaving people in the woods. A 35" tire that's freewheeling as the vehicle goes over a rock can put a lot of stress on an axle when it hits something solid. Most people stick to 3/4+ ton setups which are fundamentally different from traditional 1/2 ton and lighter axles.

Comment

ya 1 ton setups can be had every day around here for builds for 2k. last one i purchased was 700$ it was a f350 with a dana 60 and a dana 70u set of axles that i drove daily for a couple years while building it, also was a diesel.

In Alaska here i dont think you realize what kind of offroading we do. i think our onroading is like your offroading in the lower 48.

not meaning to offend anyone.

Besides as my grandpa always said, "theres a ass for every seat" guess someone found theirs at 2k. probably a yound dumb kid tho. we all been there.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
                      probably a yound dumb kid tho. we all been there.
                      Again, purposeless disparaging comment.

We definitely do different off-roading down here and it's mostly in mud. In Alaska you'd hardly ever see normal cars and sedans relative to the number of 4 wheel drive cars. It's easy driving around here, so they aren't as plentiful and therefore the value is higher. Someone could probably get a super cheap off-road truck that is built for the Alaskan wilderness, around here, not so much on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                        Again, purposeless disparaging comment.

We definitely do different off-roading down here and it's mostly in mud. In Alaska you'd hardly ever see normal cars and sedans relative to the number of 4 wheel drive cars. It's easy driving around here, so they aren't as plentiful and therefore the value is higher. Someone could probably get a super cheap off-road truck that is built for the Alaskan wilderness, around here, not so much on the cheap.
                        everyone around here always wants new junk, and gives away told old good stuff.. good thing for me.

Comment

Been wrong before - Reduced to 1800.

Comment

Jesus Christ, you still own this thing at $1800? Man up, pay the $25 to advertise on the Chevy Truck forum ( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/ <--ignore the 67-72, it's for all Chevy Trucks), and sell it for $4500. Guys on there would kill for a 66 4x4 stepside, even if it does have a more modern chassis under it. Seriously, $2K should be no problem on there.

Comment

Got a guy coming to buy it in the morning.

Man, where were you yesterday!?

Comment

Working...
                              X