Wanted 1960 Plymouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 1960 Plymouth

Mr X you have a 1960 PLymouth 4 door. Post some pics here.

I found this one localy. It has just a few places with rust but is damn solid. The interior is shit but I can get in it and drive it home. I think I can get him down to 2500 or so. It is a 3 on the tree with a slant 6. I wish it had the original wheels and caps and a V8 but I think the car is OK. I am wanting to buy one around tax time. And I am looking for a 4 door. Why is it harder to find than a coupe?????

bth_2011-11-19_113558.jpg

bth_2011-11-19_113535.jpg

158.jpg161.jpg160.jpg157.jpg

I had the moter rebuilt . The car is very solid. She used to be my daily driver. I have had her since 2003. 95% origonal . The only mod is that i changed her to a alternater from a generator.. I have the generater if you want to convert her back.. don't know why you are haveing trouble finding a nice 4 door. I had no problem when i was looking. That was a while ago tho... Tell me about your 57 as well... 4 door? do you have a tittle for her?
    Last edited by mr x; 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Just in case you decide on including a Sport Fury...
      Attached Files

Comment

No My 57 is a coupe. I have a 58 Coupe as well. The 4 doors seem to be parted or crushed. I need ease of entry. 3 people climbing into a coupe back seat is not easy. You have been PMed.

Comment

YOU HAVE A 58 COUPE???! .....Come get this 60! You want fries with that?

Comment

See i'd rather have a 4 door myself as well.. Apostle post some pics of yours.. I would like to see her .. Love finned Plymouths.

Comment

5I65Ed5F43L73M43H7c521745b7d541061534.jpg5I55F55Ma3Md3Ld3F1c5232bd8b53b2641e80.jpgAsk and ye shall receive. This old girl was in the original owner's barn for 27 years before I picked her up from a wannabe car flipper whom had her for 9 days prior to myself obtaining. Love that stainless trim and almost dinner plate size Fury unique badges.

Comment

nice ride my friend..

Comment

Digging yours too...original Belvedere?

Comment

Both are nice rides. I just found this one for sale on the Forward look site. 20,800 original miles. Runs but has a stuck valve so the head might have to come off. The brake pedal is also on the floor. The guy has a nice set of radial white walls he is throwing in and the car has zero rust through just some flakes in the trunk. $2200.00 He has not had any luck even after dropping the price down from $2600.00, he is about to part it out.

025.JPG032.JPG027.JPG034.JPG038.JPG.
                    Last edited by 60Buick; 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

That car is way to clean to partout. That would be a shame.

Comment

Just a thought guys~

NHAA member Neonwerkz has a 50' 3 car wedge. He's delivering 1 or 2 cars from VA to CT the first week of December and deadheading back empty. MA isn't that much farther so reasonable transport most of way to GA for mr x's is possible.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cant buy anything until January's tax return. Just looking right now. Thats is a good idea though. Thanks. To bad the car isn't in South Dakota. Would cost 2 grand to ship it to GA! I know how hard it is to sell a project but he would not be to smart to part that one. Unfortunately that is his business. Buy and part. At least he recognizes the car is to nice to strip and is making an effort to sell it.
                          Last edited by 60Buick; 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

One locally......

Comment

Bought one, the world is a happy place once again.

Comment

Working...
                              X