Selling my 1982 Honda V45 Magna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my 1982 Honda V45 Magna

Straight from my craigslist ad - asking $600 from others, $500 from any of our peeps:

I have for sale a 1982 Honda V45 Magna 750 I recently acquired.

This bike is what started the era of the 'power cruisers'! 80 hp, 46 lb/ft and a supremely comfortable riding position make for a great combination of shaft driven power, longevity and gets 46 mpg.

From wikipedia:

"The first generation 1982 V45 Magna had chrome headlight and fenders. The front disc brakes have straight grooves, dual piston calipers, and TRAC anti-dive. The speedometer reads 80 mph. The redline is 10,000 rpm. The engine is a 748 cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled 90-degree V-4 linked to a six-speed transmission with a hydraulically actuated wet-plate clutch and shaft drive. Compression is high, and the stroke is short."

Bike has 7k miles on it (literally 6999.5 - I've seen quite a few of these things go 25k miles and more!) and has been sitting in a garage for several years. Imagine my surprise when I took the seat off (which is still supple, showing me that it hasn't been sitting outside much), all of the wires were in their respective looms and places, the fuse block still had the labels on it and the wires were not brittle. The bike was dropped being loaded onto a trailer (previous to me getting it) and needs 2 turn signals and a clutch master cylinder (hydraulic clutch), the bars appear to be bent slightly too. The tires are very dry rotten but holding air. Motor spins over nicely when I hooked up a battery to it, but the battery does not come with it. Carbs most certainly need to be gone through, front fork seals look to be leaking (but do rebound nicely) and the front brakes don't seem to work. I have spent absolutely zero time working on this, which is why it's so cheap. Headlight high beam works, turn signals work (the ones that are there), electronics are all there. Someone added a second headlight (the rectangle one), but even it was wired up well.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I bought this bike to fix up and ride as a cruiser for my wife and I to enjoy, but instead I put a backrest on a different bike and we'll use that one instead. I don't need it but I also don't need to sell it, so be respectful of that - proceeds go to fund upgrades for my track bike.

Things I will trade for:

Running/ride-able 250+ dirtbike
    Tig welder
    5000+ running watt generator
Working...
X