Hearse Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse Covers

Hi. I found a supplier for canvas duck cloth. Here's the information about it:

Classic canvas 100% cotton fabric with waterproof treatment, Carhartt material, 10 ozs. per square yard, top quality material for upholstery, bags, jackets and other proyects.

Color HUNTER GREEN, xx yards long and 64 inches wide.

COMPOSITION: 100% cotton with waterproof treatment

COLOR: Hunter Green, others available

WEIGHT: 10 ozs. per square yard.

FIBRE: Cotton. Originally made in linen.

WEAVE: Plain, but also crosswise rib.

CHARACTERISTICS: Also called duck. Name originated in 18th Century when canvas sails from Britain bare the trademark symbol - a duck. Very closely woven and heavy. it is the most durable fabric made. There are many kinds of duck but the heavier weighs are called canvas. It may be unbleached, white, dyed, printed or painted. Washable, many are water-proof and wind proof. Made in various weights.

USES: Utility clothing in lighter weights, such as trousers, jackets, aprons. Also for awnings, sails, slipcovers, draperies, sportswear, tents, and many industrial uses.

Mine needs some adjustments and it isn't made of the duck cloth but it gives you an idea of how it's made. I can get it in several colors. I can get the 24 yards I used in my cover for around $60. It would be one solid color, not two tone unless you want it two tone. So if anyone is interested I'm willing to make a cover for $125 plus shipping. That would be sewn on the serger and double stitched seams. I would put 3 sets of grommets in so you can put bungy cords under it like mine too, if you want. So if anyone is interested just let me know. Thanks.
    Misty (aka Deadbride)

If you want it a little fancier just let me know. I'll need a few measurements before I start to sew it and payment would be at least 50% up front to purchase materials. Must be paid in full before shipment is made.

very nice.
    And I'll be getting in touch with you about one as soon as
    my tax return comes in..

Comment

As always your creativity kicks ass hun!

Comment

i agree......it does look good.

Comment

That's a good price! What measurements would you need? Can you do one in black/red?

Comment

PM me and I'll give you the specifics of what I need..It also depends on the type of coach....fins...etc. Just PM me and we'll discuss it.

Comment

Update....prices have gone up...not out of meanness but because the supplier changed his price. Which sucks big time. So they are now $200 plus shipping. Sorry people. But in all fairness....think about it. Duck cloth, double stitched serged seams. If you have fins, I'll re-inforce the spots where the fins stick out. Customized....two-tone if you really want that sort of thing. And you really can't find one that fits properly anywhere. Someone suggested an RV cover, but that just doesn't cut it. Sorry. And some that I've seen (and one I bought off of ebay) are just plastic and suck a$$. Mine fell apart within a week. If you want elastic at the bottom I can do that instead of the grommet holes for bungees (it will cost about $10 extra).

I'm working with one person right now and his price will stay the original posting price. After that the price goes up until I can find another supplier with a better price.

Comment

I need a couple but I'm B roke right now. I'll catch up with you soon and give you the measurements though.

Comment

Well I will be moving this summer and definitly have to have one before I move. So is this material soft on the inside as not to scratch the paint and does it breath well so it can be covered for long periods without mold growth? I am hating the fact that now it has a nice carprt and soon will have to be covered and outside.

Comment

The duck cloth I will be using is soft on the inside, but I use flat felled seams....not that everyone understands that...LOL Just means that there are no ragged edges sticking out. The seam is actually folded in and stitched under. Duck cloth breathes very well, alot of gym type bags, tents, some outdoor furniture, and other camping equipment are made from duck cloth. Very nice material.

However, my only problem is that I am living with friends right now. Most of my sewing equipment is in storage. I should be moving soon. I don't want to start a project then have to move in the middle of it. I'll update when I've moved or can start a cover from beginning to end. LOL

Comment

about car cover

Can you make one that only covers the top half of car. I need one until I can replace my windshield because it leaks. Let me know a price and I will take one.

Comment

I want one that covers just the top half. My windshield leaks and I am searching for one. Let me know, Ill buy it.
                        Lisa

Comment

look at boat covers the come in all sizes i got one off a pontoon boat that fits like a glove and has snap straps to hold it on

Comment

Hope you move soon. Looking forward to my cover.

Comment

Hey Deadbride, My move date has been accelerated. Any chance of getting a cover done pretty soon?

Comment

Working...
                              X