Gravesite service marker thingy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravesite service marker thingy?

If somebody knows exactly what this was used for, please by all means let me know and/or post it here.
    It came in the back of one of my cars and has just been in the way back of the garage doing nothing.
    Soft rubber pad is about 14 x 18 inches square and has three metal strips embedded in it held on by course threaded screws. The metal strips are magnetic, by the way, and at first I thought maybe this was meant to be wedged into the ground to hold a temporary grave marker or something, but what the fuck do I know?
    It was shipped in that very tube from Kelco Supply Co. in Minneapolis to the Clements Memorial Mortuary here in Ga. in 1972 for the whopping postage of $1.05. Not bad considering it weighs about 6 or 7 pounds.
    Best offer takes it.
    Attached Files

It appears to be some sort of traction pad either for a preacher or mourners so they don't slip into the casket at a rainey funeral perhaps? Thats my best guess.

Comment

I think I figured this out -
      The 3 green strips are magnetic, so maybe they go face down on top of a metal casket, and the spikes are face up, used to help hold a floral spray in place?
      Whatta ya think, sirs?

Comment

Million Dollar Answer....Do I Win A Prize?

Magnetic Floral Pad

High quality green sponge rubber with chrome-plated spines on top to hold spray tightly and securely. Three magnetic strips grip surface without scratching or marking. Placed or remove instantly. 17.75" x 13.75".

Comment

Reply from Kelco Supply Co.

Misty,

I believe the product you are talking about is a magnetic floral pad. This item is placed on top of the casket to hold floral sprays in place during the funeral. The item # 8311-9 is available at the price of $ 94.66 each. We carry these in stock and can be shipped right away. I would allow 5 – 7 business days for delivery.

Lisa Shackle

Kelco Supply Company

Customer Service Representative

7700 Setzler Parkway Mpls. , MN 55445

lshackle@kelcosupply.com

No offense intended toward her, but DUH! I'd already found that out on their website!

Comment

Wowsers!
            Anyone here can be the proud owner of such a device for 1/10th the price!!! No reasonable offer refused...

Comment

Working...
            X