Want to chop a Mexican Police bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to chop a Mexican Police bike?

I am the third of 3 people invited to a legitimate private government auction liquidating many many bikes this week. (As opposed to a public auction with ads that are already pre-determined.) All are '86-'96, most are FLHPs - with some FXRs too. All have been retired from service for a few years and kept warehoused. All have proper paperwork and documentation. 90%+ are (allegedly) in running condition with the addition of a battery. These are straight police bikes - not those used by acrobatics teams.

Want a picture?

No rose colored glasses on here. Safe bet they've all been abused and will require FULL rebuilds. Also a safe bet by the time shipping is figured in they're still going to be cheap.

The catch? If the 3 of us invited don't have enough (money or buyers) between us to buy the lot - highly unlikely that it will be parted.

I am not selling (or reselling) anything here. Nor am I after money either. I was merely in the right place at the right time for this. If you are interested in 1-15+ bikes either respond here or privately. An mass email will go out with pertinent details and pictures next week. Simple. Deals like this may come up but not often. If this can happen, great. If not, oh well.

Logistics have already been figured out (not by myself) and shipping by the container would be easier. Discounts for 20' and deeper for 40'. So if you have a shop...

Consider this a public service announcement; a heads up. Working on this deal has pushed coaches to the side for the interim. Don't 'ya love it when other passions get in the way..?

Wow Atti... if you land your share of that sale you could RETIRE! Load up 15+ ex police bikes & head for Sturgis... they'd stand in line to buy one.
    Okay, maybe not retire but definitely finance your dream coach... that elusive 1960

Comment

update

7 hours inventorying and a couple hundred pictures later there is a much better grasp of what this package entails.

There are almost equal amounts FLHTP and XL - with 8 FXDP present. Add 4 FLH from the '70s.

The 4 Shovels (ex-acrobatic team bikes) are beat and need everything. That being said, under the thick dust the rest are in surprisingly good condition. Every bike needs something - be it small like a cable or a battery, to a speedometer, broken saddlebag, missing seat, through to full engine rebuild.

Even more interesting? A solid 40% overall are Twin Cams (carburetor). Overall, they're newer than anticipated. Although mileage was checked on a only a few, they were between 16-21k to give an idea.

The fleet is completely replenished every 6-7 years, whether needed or not.

I had previously been under the impression that Mexican policeman issued bikes were responsible for their upkeep out of their own pockets and not reimbursed. May have been the way it was done at one time but police mechanics now mandate otherwise. Perhaps the previous practice still holds true in very rural areas.

Only a few bikes (out of 154 so far) have any accident damage - all of which appear minor, mainly saddlebags or crash bar hits. The reason some of these need small items is because they have been pillaged for parts after decommission. Gas caps, spark plug wires, batteries, etc. disappear quickly. Others were certainly there for service (of any sort) and sat around long enough until they were replaced.

Still no pricing that I can go public with however. Assume less than half of eBay, for starters. Upwards of 100 additional bikes yet seen are coming into play. As soon as I have that, it will be forwarded immediately to all those that have sent email inquiring.

Again, I am not making money here. Right place, right time...2 friends' deal that I am happy enough to ride the coattails of and cherry pick a few bikes for myself. Nothing more. There is at least 1 person in SoCal who wants to buy EVERY bike for resale - trying to keep these out of the hands of dealers. The idea is to get some decent deals into a bunch of hands that could use/deserve them. Might want to align with others in a general area and have a 20' container sent to save on shipping. Convey your location and I'll put you in touch with others close. Anyone else interested let me know. Thanks.

Comment

I will take the 4 shovels !!!!

are you for real !!! i live in Waynesboro PA 17268 how much would they be !!! I cant afford much my phone is 717 749 3923 home phone number

Comment

I'm very interested in one as well and I have a friend who owns a chopper shop so when you get some prices together I'll pass onto him so he can get in on this action too.

Thanks for posting this!!!

Comment

Ironic timing on this thread. After a prolonged delay because of swine flu, this is finally progressing forward again. I've been patiently waiting to acquire a few for myself!

Tentatively, based on aesthetics and level of completeness, individual sales are:

Sportsters: $1600-2000
            FLHTP: $2500-3500
            FXDP: $2800-3000
            other TCs: $2800-4000

Discounts for multiple sales will be given but have not been discussed yet. Full details:

Comment

AND MUFF-DIVING IN THE BACK OF THEM IS COOL TOO !!!

Road Head in the Drivers seat is damn cool also

Comment

So... What ever became of this?

I'd love a big twin, but I'm not against making a custom hard-tail sportster either.

Comment

After MONTHS of trying to close this deal, just 2 weeks ago a breakthrough - finally. Things are allegedly back on track, although I *did* expect a significant update this past week that hasn't happened.

Looking at 5-6 bikes myself. Really hope we've heard every friggin' excuse under the sun by now. Nobody moves fast enough south of the border!

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                    Nobody moves fast enough south of the border!
                    Dude... you ain't kidding

-That's all I'm gonna say about that

Comment

Working...
                    X