1964 Mercury Monterey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Mercury Monterey

1964 Mercury Monterey. 25th anniversary model with "breezeway roof". 390FE big block engine runs great, Merc-o-matic transmission (just rebuilt), 93,000 original miles. Electric rear window! This car spent it's entire life in Mesa, Arizona so there's no rust or rot anywhere. Always garaged & never driven in salt or snow while in Ohio the last 3 years. New Torque-Thrust wheels & 4 new tires, converted to electronic ignition, brakes completely rebuilt with all new parts, seats just re-upholstered this winter, new headliner, new carpet, heater box rebuilt, new dual exhaust with old-school "Smithy" mufflers. This car is a proven driver & it's very fun & dependable... drives & rides like a new car. TONS of extra parts including another complete 390FE engine & transmission, hood, trunklid, spare glass, chrome galore, too much to list. Dealer installed A/C is complete, and the compressor & all factory mounting brackets are included in the sale as well. Car was re-painted once in the early 1980's. This car is a TRUE survivor, not a bondo buggy... bring mirrors & magnets & see her for yourself! Priced at $8,500 or best offer for everything. Located in Bucyrus Ohio. Call or e-mail hotroddwayne2000@yahoo.com for more photos & details. Only needs repainted & a small oil leak from the rear main repaired to be perfect. (740) 360-3940 this car is a proven driver... just drove it to Indianapolis again this weekend for the Goodguys Hotrod Nationals with no problems (5 1/2 hour drive each way) & is a pleasure to drive, rides & drives perfect & loves the freeway. These Montereys were known as the original "turnpike cruiser" for good reason.
    May take a landau hearse on trade plus cash difference (not interested in 1971 - 1976 models, all others possibly considered)

Last edited by hotroddwayne; 06-15-2009, 02:58 AM. Reason: added trade info

Please buy; girlfriend needs a '63 hearse!

Comment

Nice lookin Merc. Funny how some 4 doors are actual pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by corpses bride View Post
        Nice lookin Merc. Funny how some 4 doors are actual pretty cool
        Thank you for the compliment... wanna see how big the trunk is? Bought this 1946 Seeburg jukebox in Indianapolis... drove home 5 1/2 hours with the huge jukebox IN the trunk along with all my luggage, spare tire, EZ-Up tent, & tools! It was quite a site to behold yet the old Mercury didn't miss a beat... it's the best old classic car i've ever owned by far. Desperate times call for drastic measures... & wasn't gonna pass up a chance to own a VERY old jukebox just because I didn't have a truck to get it home in LOL
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow! That was close. Had your find been a '46-'48 Filben Maestro I would have talked you out of it Dwayne.

There is a sweet rust free running/driving 2D '54 Monterey for sale locally (not as nice as your '64, natch) that the seller hasn't been able to get 1/2 of what you're asking. Wish this economy would start improving already. Good luck with the sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
            Wow! That was close. Had your find been a '46-'48 Filben Maestro I would have talked you out of it Dwayne.

There is a sweet rust free running/driving 2D '54 Monterey for sale locally (not as nice as your '64, natch) that the seller hasn't been able to get 1/2 of what you're asking. Wish this economy would start improving already. Good luck with the sale!
            Yea Atti these cars are hard to sell, they're so overlooked... yet everyone this past weekend LOVED the styling & i saw a million times from 90% of everyone walking by making the gesture of the rear window being electric up/down. There's almost enough parts that go with it to build another one & the car itself is stunning in person, yet people flocked to the 1967 Chevelle parked next to me... rotted floors, quarter panels, doors, fenders, ALL the chrome pitted, rear window ready to fall into the back seat, etc. it was in terrible shape & for sale for what i'm asking for my Mercury & people were all over it. To me those cars are nice to look at but boring... everybody has a Chevelle, Camaro, Mustang, blah blah seen one seen them all, big deal whatever you do to them has already been done & they're everywhere. I got a '67 Malibu coming in this weekend for some work, the owner loves it but I don't see the fascination. But it goes with the territory building "oddball" classics, they're hard to sell & appeal to few. This one I don't care if it sells or not, it's the most comfortable car i've ever owned for trips to out of state shows.

Comment

Cruising season is almost here, thought I would bump this up. Dwayne no longer has this car, I do, and it is still for sale. I'm more flexible on trades, will consider tractors, backhoes, motorcycles, daily driver car or truck, worst I can do is say no. Possibly trade for pro-car plus cash. $8500 obo.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaylaela
                howdy! old but still kicking. that car rocks. i am interested in the electric rear window. how many volts does this window maintain in order for it to functions well? interesting.

It's just a 12 volt DC electric window motor. I still have a complete spare unit from a '64 Mercury parts car. The window channel ran parallel with the back seat, so when the back window was open the glass had lowered into the front of the trunk (just ahead of the spare tire)

Comment

You guys know "Mikaylalea" is a spambot for an online auto parts store, right? Just checkin'...

Comment

Saw this last night and was going to look - I'll fix it later

Comment

Working...
                    X