Selling my '51 Buick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my '51 Buick

Well folks, I've decided to sell my '51 Roadmaster - straight 8 (320 inch), dynaflow - the floors were rotten but only in the lower parts (looks like the seals in the doors went south and water pooled in the lower part of the pans - the upper areas were much better), and I'm done with 3 out of 4 of the dished part of the floor (drivers rear left to do), trunk floor has a few spots but nothing terribly hard to fix. I've heard the motor run a few times but the carb definitely needs a rebuild. The previous owner had given it a tuneup but didn't touch the carb. Needs exhaust, rockers, floor finished, seats covered or replaced, headliner is a little grungy looking but kinda neat. Wouldn't take much to put this car on the road (and I'm sure that Tony and Bill up at Fields Automotive could get it drivable for you in no time so you don't have to tow it home)- the bright work is pretty nice on it (there is a bit of rust on the bumpers, but the door chrome and window trim looks nice).

Most of these pics are from when I moved it into the garage and started on the floors. We did take off the door panels (they were toast) but the chrome darts are still intact. I need to update with current pics, but it's safe to say that it didn't get any worse in the garage.

(I take a ton of pics of every project I start so that I can remember how to put everything back together years later)

Car is in Loganville GA, will take $2k firm, for another $170 I'll throw in the EZ Wiring 18 socket kit plus ignition kit and dimmer switch, and $50 more will get the Classic 2 Current Fabrication rocker panels I bought for it.

Why am I selling it? I have too many projects and the proceeds from this will go to Morticia. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also got this up on Craigslist.

Finders $100 fee if anybody from the NHAA gets this sold for me.

Comment

I'm going to try and get Christy's exhaust pipe (the manifold end) out and see if muffler shop can duplicate. Should also be rebuilding the carb on my wifes Buick and see about getting yours done too.

Comment

If it doesn't sell by the time we get back from Vegas, I'll probably drag it up to the shop with you guys and just spend a few solid days working on it. Pretty sure I could finish all the metal work in a day and have it on the road by the end of a weekend if I was motivated to do so. It's a pain in the ass working long hours on the car in my garage when there are 2 gigantic cars in it.

Comment

Best pic in the whole gallery

Good luck with it man, if I didn't already have 2 cars and a project VW I'd grab it.

Comment

I look like a fucking Spaceball

Comment

I was thinking Cartman

Comment

Bummmmmmp.

New craigslist listing:

Comment

bump

Comment

bttt

Comment