1970-1976 commercial chassis rear axle seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970-1976 commercial chassis rear axle seals

In case you don't know the rear axle seal gm part number 1493724 was made for only one unit ... 1970-1976 cadillac commercial chassis

They and all other seal makers stopped making the seal in the early 80s ,,, now you can still get the bearings alone they were used on a few other cars and trucks..

found all this out after i pulled the axle thinking match the number and pick one up .. nope no one showed having it ..

no one makes the seal anymore i talked with people from CR.seals skf.. nat seal... etc its not made.....

here are the #s that might help you find out they no longer make them.

axle seal

gm # 1493724 ***** not showing in the computers gm has anywhere....

skf # 20900 **** stoped making 10+ years ago

the seal dimensions are
    2.086 ID
    3.171 OD
    with .376

rear end # 14 1654
    ofd3
    BD

Found out that they now have a roller bearing that is the seal as well usa parts @ 140.00 each this was in 05 the 09 catalog still shows 140.00.. I'm sure they went up ..

So the point of all this i have got 6 nos roller bearings with the lock ring and i'll let 4 go 100.00 each plus shipping
    I'm offering these up cause I found them and know it comes up now and then that some one needs the seal and they start the search to find out what i did its not made.

From 2005 to now I'm always looking for them. And in 7 years I have found 3 real gm seals and these 6 bearings so I'm keeping the seals and 2 roller bearings in case one of my 5 needs one someday.

so if ya need any pm me and I'll hook you up

Paging security to the Garage...

Comment

Working...
    X