1969 Cadillac Superior Royale Landulet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Cadillac Superior Royale Landulet

I’m listing for sale my 1969 Cadillac Superior Coach Co. Royale Landaulet funeral coach (hearse). The price is $3000 cash only. I purchased this coach last year from a local mortuary. This car is all original, matching numbers: 472 cubic inch motor, Turbo 400 automatic transmission on Cadillac commercial chassis, power steering, power disc brakes (front), power drum brakes (rear). Odometer reads 02318 miles, which has most likely rolled over at least once. This is one of the final years for the Royale Landaulet package with the corner rear windows (with 1970 being the final year for this option). All glass is in excellent condition (no cracks & no moisture damage) with commercial glass windshield. Complete original coach with original owner’s manual and General Motors Protect-O-Plate. Exterior is complete and all trim pieces are with the car. Has all four original wheel covers. All casket rollers are present and serviceable and included are 2 bier pins. This coach came from the factory without air conditioning and it is a radio delete. Rust is present behind the front wheels on the fenders and a minimal amount where the roof meets the windshield. However, the floor pans are solid throughout the car. The previous owner as well as myself have taken great care to assure the coach has been stored safely under a shelter and out of the elements.
    I have replaced the fuel pump, distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coil, condenser and belts. I also had the original Rochester Quadrajet 4 bbl carburetor rebuilt recently (with invoice for documentation). The engine runs, the transmission shifts and the brakes stop. However, the carburetor does need some fine adjustments, as it burns very rich (carburetor repair and adjustment is outside of my scope of abilities). Also, the power steering pump will need to be replaced for optimum Cadillac drivability. The tires will need to be replaced, as they currently hold air, but they are not safe for highway speed operation due to many years of age.
    YOU WILL NEED A ROLLBACK WRECKER OR LONG AUTOMOBILE TRAILER TO HAUL THIS CAR. This coach measures 24 ½ feet in overall length!
    I am located in Ellaville in southwest Georgia. The buyer will be responsible for arranging and paying for shipping from my residence to wherever he/she resides or wishes to store the car. For shipping/reference purposes, I am located 70 miles southwest of Macon, GA; 50 miles east of Columbus, GA; 52 miles north of Albany, GA; and 120 miles south of Atlanta, GA. I will provide more pictures if necessary. I am willing to make arrangements to allow any seriously interested potential buyer to come look at the car.
    There is no title for this car, as the state of Georgia only requires a bill of sale for antique vehicles. I will gladly provide all documentation of sale from the previous owner which was issued to me at the time of purchase.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUTO; 08-25-2012, 09:30 PM.

Shes gorgeous! Gotta love a 69 good luck with the sale!

Comment

Thank you so much. I've got a '69 Chevelle SS and my grandfather's '71 GMC that I've decided to focus on now. I searched for a decade to find this coach, and I really hate to see it go, but she just needs more attention than I can afford to give her right now.

Comment

That's understandable. She appears to be in fantastic shape. Interior needs some love as expected, and the rust under that vinyl top is going to be a concern, but what a beautiful coach otherwise. This is the kinda coach I'd buff, polish, drive and enjoy! There are quite a few procar enthusiasts in your area. I wouldn't be surprised if someone snatches this one up pretty quick.

Comment

Interior does need some attention. Overall, she's in fair condition for a 43 year old "working" car. According to the Superior body tag, the coach was originally navy blue, which would explain the blue on blue interior. Of the 3 classic rides in my fleet, she really needs the most attention. If she sells, I'll put the money in the other projects, if not I'll just relocate her to my larger barn, cover her up good and maybe I'll be in a better position to give her the attention she needs in the future.

Comment

Still for sale by chance?

Comment

Man, if I had the cash.....Very lovely car!

Comment

Somehow missed this post first time around. Intriguing that it has Superior-specific flip rollers in a straight endloader. Seems like a fair price for a solid complete coach. If it is still available (and not yet relegated to the big barn), good luck with the sale.

I do seriously question your tape measure abilities however.

Comment

He's local and I've never seen this car before! I wonder if anybody bought it.

Comment

Hi would like to know if still available?

Comment

Sorry. A guy in Macon bought it exactly one year ago. I replaced it with 1960 Cadillac Flat Top. Not quite as roomy, but I dig the fins.

Comment

we should have chace track that guy down. any idea what this person's name might be?

Comment

I know him and we maintain contact very well. However, he is not primarily a professional car collector. He has expressed his interests in maintaining his privacy. I do know that he also owns a '70 S&S, but he's mostly into muscle cars. Once he buys a car, he never sells. I get the impression he's not interested in any car clubs or groups and he has no desire to be a participant in any shows or events.

Comment

well good to know, then.

Comment

Working...
                            X