No announcement yet.

1958 Cadillac Eureka For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give ya an old Chevy factory built sling truck and a 1960 Plymouth Fury for it Dickey.

Comment

oh.. If you are willing to trade, i have several nice classics i would be willing to trade ya..

Comment

I'm usually game for interesting trades but I just bought a 64 Polara as my daily driver and my garage is full up on projects (two 55 belairs, a delorean, a 500ci drag beetle, a 57 corvette and a 57 cadillac coupe at the moment). I'd need something that would be a solid driver and allow me to sell the Dodge.

Aside from the interior, I'm not a stickler on pretty:

Last edited by Dickey; 10-28-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Nice!

Very nice old Dodge Dickey! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? "Personally I dig it alot...Is why I love this old Fury as well, character!"

Comment

i got 60 Belvidere, and a 55 cad, both solid drivers.158.jpg159.jpg257.jpg104_3406.jpg258.jpg

Comment

Wow X...I can't believe you'd part with your 55! Cool Belvedere man...does yours have the Commando engine in it by chance, or the 318?
              Last edited by Apostle; 10-28-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Don't know what a commando engine is , but the Plymouth has her original Slant 6 ... As far as i know that was the first year of Chrysler slant 6.
                As far as the caddy... I have had her for close to 8 years now. Been threw hell trying to get the 455 in her. I guess i have just had them to long. The plymouth is going on 11 years. Used to be my daily driver. I was planning on putting them both on e-bay come tax season any way.

Comment

I'm not trying to hijack Dickey's thread by any means...but here is some cool info for for ya Mr. X...maybe even something Dickey didn't know too!

All 1960 Plymouths were designated by "PP1" or "PP2" codes. The first P stood for 1960; the second for Plymouth; the 1 or 2 for Six or V8 respectively. After a dash L, M, or H appeared for Savoy (low), Belvedere (medium) or Fury (high).
                  At the bottom end of the engine lineup, Plymouth introduced the now very familiar slant six in 225 cubic inch form, finally putting the old flathead six out to pasture after 27 years of service. Together with the 30-degree slant engine block, the intake manifold, with its individual tubes running to each cylinder, made for a rather unique sight back in 1960. This manifold was a modified version of what appeared on the engine at the opposite end of the lineup - the SonoRamic Golden Commando.
                  Consisting of long aluminum castings rising over the valve covers from Carter four-barrel carburetors on each side of the engine, the SonoRamic's distinctive manifolds were designed so that each passage totaled 30 inches from carburetor venturi to intake valve. At 2800 rpm, the manifold would reach its maximum effect as the speed-of-sound waves provided a mild supercharging effect. Although brilliant in concept, the ram induction manifold, expensive to produce and a challenge to keep in tune, would be offered for only two years on Plymouths. However, a modified form with shorter tubes would be offered on drag racing Plymouths for a number of years to come. "Although it takes a long time to explain the powerplant," said Motor Life of the SonoRamic back in 1960, "it takes only an instant to realize (its) tremendous power potential. Stepping down on the foot feed doesn't give the driver a gentle push in the back, it can actually snap his neck if he isn't watching." The engine routinely did 0-60 in 7.8 seconds (then an amazing time, similar to 5 seconds now) for 1960 road testers.
                  Plymouth brochure 81-505-0003 lists four engines: the 225 slant six called the "30-D Economy Six (for the 30-degree slant?); the Fury V800 which was the familiar 318 two- barrel base V8; the Fury V800 with Super Pak, a 318 four- barrel, dual exhaust engine that pumped out 260 hp compared to the standard 230; the "Golden Commando 395", a 361 B-block named for its 395 lb/ft torque rating, producing 305 hp; and the "SonoRamic Commando", the first 383 engine available in a Plymouth, equipped with dual four-barrels on ram induction manifolds to put out 330 horsepower. All SonoRamic equipped Plymouths were identified by a special medallion appearing on the front fenders just ahead of the doors.

Hot Rod Magazine listed three more engines, bringing the high performance total to five: a 361 SonoRamic Commando producing 310 hp; a 383 Golden Commando with a single four-barrel carb and a 325 hp rating; and a 383 with two four-barrels on a conventional in-line manifold which produced the same 330 hp as the 383 SonoRamic but at 5200 instead of 4800 rpm.
                  Directing power to the road were five available transmissions: a new "Synchro-Silent" three-speed manual, standard on the six and 318 engines; another three-speed manual with strut-type synchronizers that was standard on all high performance engines, according to some sources (others say engines above the 361 four-barrel were available only with the Torqueflite).Continuing from previous years were two automatics: the already highly rated three-speed Torqueflite and the still-available two-speed Powerflite. Said Motor Life of the latter: "(It) is outclassed less by its competition than by the Torqueflite itself."
                  Bowing in for 1960 was the new "Torqueflite-6," based on its big namesake but designed for the new slant six engine.

Comment

Hay thanks for the info.... very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like it will be moving on to another home. After receiving almost no interest in the coach I relisted it on ebay from a classified ad to a standard auction. My starting price was the most I was willing to lose on the thing just to have it out of the way as quickly as possible. Four days later, still no interest. I figured I had just sunk way too much money into it and it was going to be mine forever. Today I got a bid on it, so it would seem that it will be moving on after all.

In case any of y'all are interested:

Comment

Gracious what a pain in my ass. So this asshole bids on the auction and then claims he can't use paypal. Instead, he'd like me to just send him all of my banking information. Are there really people that stupid in the world? According to Ebay's rules, I can't report him until tomorrow afternoon because the buyer has 4 days to demonstrate some manner of payment.

Comment

Ya man selling cars is a pain in the ass. When i sold my 73 superior , these people haggled with me for no lie THREE HOURS !!!!!!!!.... He said look man i got no problem taking this trailer back to NY empty.. I said thats a good thing.. : )

Comment

Actually, Here in Australia.. Maybe banks are different. But if you just send him your Name, BSB and Account number, he should be able to pay?
                            I don't see any reason he cant pay cash or paypal though.

Comment

What a jackass...I've had the same thing happen numerous times. If he's legit, "which I seriously doubt", He does not have to have a paypal account to pay through paypal......he can pay through paypal as a guest using his card or account info....if he has one that is. Good luck Dickey.

Comment

Ah well, serves me right. When I had the car on craigslist, a guy showed up with a trailer and offered me $4k cash. I declined as that was too much of a loss to take on the car. I know the crusher will give me $800 and he's never dicked me around on a car I brought to him. So at the very least, if I get mad enough, I can get my money back on the disc brakes and have a nice video of some sweet sweet vengeful solace against the car that has spent the last year being in my way, hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X