1976 Cadillac fisher hearse for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Cadillac fisher hearse for sale

Hey there. I have a 1976 Cadillac hearse for sale. It's a fisher body style, has the 8.2 500 CI engine. Needs a windshield, brake lines, two windows on the passenger side and a couple other small things.
    I'm looking to get $2,000 or best offer for it. My name is Kevin, I live in concord NH. You can contact me at 603 717 8498. Thanks.

Originally posted by Idle_Hands View Post
    Hey there. I have a 1976 Cadillac hearse for sale. It's a fisher body style, has the 8.2 500 CI engine. Needs a windshield, brake lines, two windows on the passenger side and a couple other small things.
    I'm looking to get $2,000 or best offer for it. My name is Kevin, I live in concord NH. You can contact me at 603 717 8498. Thanks.
    My guess is you have either a Superior, S&S, or Miller-Meteor body on that 76 Chassis, as I don't believe the Fisher body division of GM, never built a hearse since the outbreak of WW2. Photos would help better sell your hearse. By the way, that glass is going to be hard to find, so a potential buyer should also belooking at replacement availability.

Comment

The superiors in that vintage say fisher on them as well otto. ( at least the 2 that i had did) I dont think i have ever come across a cad in that year range that did not.

Comment

Originally posted by mr x View Post
        The superiors in that vintage say fisher on them as well otto. ( at least the 2 that i had did) I dont think i have ever come across a cad in that year range that did not.
        I realize they say Fisher, and I can understand someone who is unfamiliar with hearses, thinking Fisher may have built the body, but the truth is, once you get past the front clip and chassis, Fisher (Which was part of GM) had little or nothing to do with with the hearse body when it comes to pre-1980 hearses. The point of my saying it's a good idea to list who actually built the body, is to let a potential buyer know as much as possible about what is being offered. MY 1959 S&S Parkrow, happens to be the least popular of all the 59's, even though it cost more than a Miller Meteor or Superior limo style hearse of that year. I still liked what I found, when I bought my 59 several years back, so I enjoy my S&S, despite it being on the low end of desirability when it comes to 59's. But I also know, if I were to sell it, it wouldn't be worth as much as a 59 Superior or Miller Meteor. In the case of a 1976, I actually prefer S&S first (especially if it still has the centenial pattern interior), Miller Meteor second, and Superior third. Is the car a side loader or endloader? Is the casket compartment intact? If I'm ever in the market for a second hearse, all these things would matter when making a decision.
        Last edited by Otto Baron; 07-21-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Hey there. Sorry I haven't responded. I didn't receive an email saying someone replied. Should have checked it, eh? Anyway. There is a small tag that you can barely read on the passenger side near the windshield that says "body by fisher". That's what led me to believe that's who the maker was... Where else can I look to see a different tag? I'll post some pics of it. There is a local bar which I believe is no longer a bar, I think they went out of business, but it says "boars tavern" all over it. They used it for a rolling advertisement. Had amber lights on top, the previous owner removed them.
          Attached Files

Comment

17494_10201436482375252_891729325_n.jpg179747_10201436481575232_897148596_n.jpg1005316_10201545588902847_20365568_n.jpg1044803_10201436480735211_1368373663_n.jpg1069322_10201545552421935_1436477682_n.jpg

Comment

that be a Miller-Meteor

Comment

And with that double MM Corona molding on the roof, she is a Citation model.

Comment

what happened to the light bar?

Comment

the previous owner wanted it back. so after the pics were taken, it was removed for him. I appreciate the information. i had no clue it was a miller meteor. thats good to know what model it is. thank you very much. if you can think of anyone who wants it, please let me know. it has huge potential. as does mostly every hearse.

Comment

Working...
                    X