No announcement yet.

testing the waters- 1970 S&S victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

click for bigger pic **edit** well once again the pics dont show as thumbnails but anyhoo click em for the pics

Comment

OK. I'll give ya 50 bucks for it.

Comment

Devil:

A LOT more work than I would like to do is needed for this car to bring it back into shape. I didn't see any interior (seat) photos, although the back looked to be in pretty good shape.

That hot, humid, salty Florida weather is a killer. You might want to invest in a "car capsule" to prevent further deterioration. I have two 1970 Cadillac's. One is a hard-top Coupe De Ville and the other is a convertible De Ville.

I had the hard-top with me in Florida for a few years and Florida beat the shit out of it, it needs a total redo. 1970 was THE BEST year for Cadillac's mechanically. I know you don't give a rat's ass about my cars, so back to yours!

I would love to add a 1970 hearse to the fleet, but that car requires too much work for me. I would rather pay more for a car that needs minimal work, and any offer I would make would surely offend you.

As they say in the car sales biz, there's an ass for every seat. I'm sure you have no problem finding a buyer for that car, if the price is right. When it's redone, it'll surely be a looker.

Best of luck to you and thanks for the photos.

Comment

thank you for the honest input cfc12

just in case people didnt notice i only really took pics of the problem areas. i hate when you look at pics and see a really nice car then show up to buy it and find a hunk of crap. i put the flaws up front so there no suprises.
          the body is straight no dings or anything. the 3 or 4 rust spots on the main body arent much bigger than the diameter of a soda can. the worst part is the windsheild frame area. the seat does need replacing/recovered but the seat cover works for me. the headliner is perfect except for the the small tear in the back, its about 2" in size. the motor runs like a champ and i drive it weekly on the highway with no problems. all the trim is there and no defects except for the S&S rear trim and victoria plate seem to be made out of pot metal. the roof has been sanded down and ospoed and treated with roll on bedliner although i thought 1 coat would do it, its gonna need a few more coats to look right.

i know this isnt a "show" car or perfect in any ways. im not looking to get 10k or anywhere near that out of her. in fact if if i dont sell her im not going to lose any sleep. I just tend to get bored with cars easy and have of habit of going through 3 or 4 a year.

so please keep the negative comments to yourself, if you have any interest in buying/trading something please speak up or pm me but we can all do with out the smart ass-ness.

Comment

Originally posted by devilman View Post
            so please keep the negative comments to yourself, if you have any interest in buying/trading something please speak up or pm me but I can all do with out the smart ass-ness.
            There, fixed it for you.

Comment

technically changing the we to I would remove the need for the word all in there.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                Originally posted by devilman View Post
                Technically, changing the "we" to "I" would remove the need for the word "all" in there.
                Now, you stand corrected...

Comment

I'm not standing at all. I'm sitting on the couch.

Comment

Yeah, fuck standing. I need a PBR........

Comment

What's with all of the hostility?

Comment

I think there was just a little "misunderstanding." There's no hostility here! Devilman and I took care of it. Safe driving to all.

Comment

Devilman
                          I said in an earlier post I'd make an offer after I saw some recent pictures. To your credit, you did not try to sugar coat anything. Good photos showing details of the bad areas. THANX for sharing.
                          I just bought a nice 75 Superior Regal landau, so I cann't really buy your car and fix it. Sorry.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kinee View Post
                            What's with all of the hostility?
                            Um...notice the title under my name, you didn't.
                            /yoda

To be truthful, I was just having fun, so if anyone got their panties in a twist...sucks to be you.

Comment

Working...
                            X