1948 English Ford Pilot Hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 English Ford Pilot Hearse

I was a car show a couple of weeks ago and a guy approached me to let me know of an old hearse that was for sale by the owner of a local Subaru dealership. It seems the lady's husband died and she was selling off his antique car collection. She had sold all but 2 of these cars and one of them was an old ford hearse built in England. Well, I went to check it out and this is what I found out...

It is a 1948 Ford pilot. The pilot was built by ford motors of England from around 1947 to 1951. It is a right hand drive vehicle. The guy had started to dissassemble and begin work on restoring it but hadn't got that far before he died.
    Most of the parts are in the rear compartment of the car. The interior has been completely removed. The car is pretty solid but I have no idea about the drive train. I actually thought about buying it myself but I had been in talks with the owner of the '66 superior combo posted in this section and decided to move forward with that (I'm driving up to pick it up this friday in fact).

However, I would really like to see someone get this car and give it the restoration it deserves. This has the potential to be one of the rarest hearses in the country. The lady is asking $6000. I'm not sure how firm she is on the price. Let me know if anyone is interested in this car. I would be glad to help in anyway I can. Just let me know.

Now for the pics...

Wow...if I only had all the money in the world. That definately is one rare boat though.

Comment

Dave,
      I know it's a little late in the game, but do you know if that coach still available? If so, could you please send contact info?
      I am very interested!
      Thanks,
      Karl
      kfields@piratesofemerson.com

Comment

That is one unique piece...

Comment

Looks to me like its defective...the steering wheel is on the wrong side

Comment

I see a straight axle gasser drag car all day long with that thing...

Comment

I see a straight axle gasser drag car all day long with that thing...
              That thing would be far to heavy for a good drag car, maybe just a street rod.

Comment

Wow a RHD coach.

It takes a little getting used to, but it is so worth it once you get the hang of it.

I had a 1976 Mini, FUN car!

Comment

Hi all.
                  Just seen this Pilot even though it was months ago, does anyone know if its still available? or has it been rodded or scrapped? May be interested in getting her back to Blighty. Regards. S&D

Comment

The Pilot is on it's way to a new home in CA!

Comment

Thats where they all go....to Cali...

Comment

Working...
                      X