X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: '57 Superior Criterion Rescue Ambulance

This is not mine; merely passing info along:

Location is Oregon. From the seller:

"I think the 57 is a great car... I've taken a lot of pictures of it and will
    send them to you. It has a rebuilt engine.. sometime in 1978 or 79. It
    was sold from the ambulance company in 1980, driven into a barn, wood blocks
    were put under the axles... and then it sat. I installed a battery in it only to check the lights and the sirens.
    My two boys wanted to see and hear them... there were some fuses that were
    dead and only a few lights worked. I didn't try the motor at all. The
    brakes are soft.

It is very solid... with the only rust just in front of the rear wheels on
    both sides. I have a picture of the rust. It is a big car and weighs
    7100 lbs.

For some reason, it has modified (I think) front fenders. They have dual headlights. I'm not sure if that was a code requirement in the 70's or not.... I have a set of standard 57 Cadillac fenders if someone wanted it completely stock.

Thanks.

Dan
    dan@bigfins.net"

Inquire with Dan directly. He included over 20 pictures in the email with no price indicated and does not have this '57 on his website yet. Good luck!

Don't see many of the really old coaches like this turning up nowdays. That's a great find! Also good to read that there's a set of original front fenders available for it... that dual headlight conversion looks awful, but it must of had a purpose like he mentions. Gotta love those giant bullet lenses on the emergency lights. Damn dude you're the source for old iron!

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
      (snip) Damn dude you're the source for old iron!
      Tip of the iceberg Wayne...assuredly. I currently know of the following years available: '37, '38, '42, '53, '57s, '58, and '59s. No junk either!

Comment

In your travels if you hear of anyone interested in my '51 let me know... I put it up for sale. You know the car well since you almost ended up with it before I did! I got it running good now & done some work on it. See my ad here on NHAA if ya want to read details. I was surprised to read ya moved to Texas... if the job market gets any worse back here in Ohio i'm going to look out-of-state harder than I am now to relocate! Hope ya like Texas. Guess I never did an intro... i'm Dwayne... most people dont catch the two D's in my screen name... sorry about that.
        Last edited by hotroddwayne; 01-28-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I would make sweet sweet loving to DiGanci for that car...

Comment

Working...
          X