Clear All

• 1978 MM Endloader

1978 Miller Meteor End Loader
    black crinkle top over silver
    grey cloth interior
    52,600 miles

The Good:
    Low Miles, only 52,600 on original 425 motor
    Car had 26,000 when I purchased it in 2001.
    Have all service records of major work since purchased.
    Car is 100% complete - not missing any coach-specific parts.
    Interior is great - headliner, rear compartment, dash, and
    front seat are awesome. Only a couple tears in the carpet in the cab.

The Bad:
    The car was a daily driver and running with NO problems when it was put into indoor storage about a year ago. Since then, I have started it up and ran it around every couple months. It has developed a knock which I have not investigated yet, could be something as simple as bad gas fouling up a valve. The car was stored with Sta-Bil in the tank, but it has been about a year, so some fresh fuel could do it good.
    There is a fuel leak coming from the top of the gas tank. Because it only happens when the car is running, I assume it is coming from the fuel return line running back from the carb. Also have not had time to deal. Might get around to dropping the tank or try blowing out the lines from the carb.

The Ugly:
    Surface rust has begun. Paint is bubbling in a couple places, on the rear quarters and back door.
    Crinkle paint top needs to be completely stripped and redone.
    Rear driver side has been bumped. I have the replacement chrome taillight housing, but the body panel will need to be reworked before installing it. Other than that, the body is straight.
    Curtains are wasted.

Asking $1800.
    Couple pics are in the gallery - lookup under Eaglebauer 2009.
    Email direct sonsini@mindspring.com or call 678 386 9673
    for more details.

I surely do not wish to pay another month storage for this car -
    The new sacrificial price is $1000 for anybody that can take possesion by Feb. 28th.
    678 386 9673
    Steve
    ....give it good home please.

Comment

OK, mofo's, last chance. The economy has officially taken its toll on me.
      After multiple no-shows and one douchebag who only wanted to point out everything that was wrong with the car to the point where I told him to leave because I did not even want to hear an offer from him, this car is going to go to the best offer by the end of the month or it will be parted out and the shell will go to scrap. I don't want to do it. Its a good complete car that needs a little work.
      All offers considered, I can show the car any night this week around 7pm. Other that that, send me your parts want list and offers to sonsini@mindspring.com
      Call me at 678 386 9673

oh yeah, will consider trades for firearms
      Last edited by Double D; 03-23-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Man I wish I had room for another one - I'd help you out mang. Good luck selling it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
          OK, mofo's, last chance. The economy has officially taken its toll on me.
          After multiple no-shows and one douchebag who only wanted to point out everything that was wrong with the car to the point where I told him to leave because I did not even want to hear an offer from him, this car is going to go to the best offer by the end of the month or it will be parted out and the shell will go to scrap. I don't want to do it. Its a good complete car that needs a little work.
          All offers considered, I can show the car any night this week around 7pm. Other that that, send me your parts want list and offers to sonsini@mindspring.com
          Call me at 678 386 9673

oh yeah, will consider trades for firearms

oops pay this no mind
          Last edited by northgahearse; 03-24-2009, 10:48 PM. Reason: no reason ill tell

Comment

Is it still around I would love to know if the rear quarter would fit mine and the left front door and the left front fender and the front bumper and and and I put mine into a concrete barrier... I have pics of Sideslider. Where are you located... If it is gone then well....crap.. Later Highbars

Comment

Originally posted by Highbars View Post
              Is it still around I would love to know if the rear quarter would fit mine and the left front door and the left front fender and the front bumper and and and I put mine into a concrete barrier... I have pics of Sideslider. Where are you located... If it is gone then well....crap.. Later Highbars
              guess its well crap i got it now but might be parting another 78 soon i'll let ya know

btw the front door fender and bumper are standard caddy its from the rear door back thats its own thing

Comment

and do tell us how you crashed it

Comment

Well I could do that but let me see "IF" I can look at it thru the lens... I will put up some damage pics.... For now lets just say : "It's just like you see in the movies.... The sparks really do fly" , well Thanks for the info and keep me posted Good to talk to others of the same likes in vehicles....
                  Good luck with your recent purchase I missed out but there no better way to start your day than with a good crap....Highbars and Sideslider down and out.....
                  Last edited by Highbars; 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

If it comes down to the point where you have to part it out I need a RH Rear Side Door Window. For my 1977 MM.
                    Let Me Know at p.pusch@telus.net

Comment

If it comes to a part-out situation I will let you know.... Thanks... Kinda like waitin' for a donor to pass and the Harvestin' to start..LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X