1960 Superior Limo style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Superior Limo style

Not a Crown (sorry Atti) but pretty close. Posting this for one of our club members, so it is in the Dallas area. I purchased my 61 Superior from him, and got more than I paid for. Pics are within the last 6 months. More details to follow tonight... In the meantime, post if you're interested in it. He is "Motivated" to sell, but not going to "give it away"...

Substantial cleanup has happened since the above pics...

Close enough that if it doesn't sell in a couple weeks, I'll come look.

And *only* because I can get my paws on parts for a Crown conversion.

Comment

That car is lookin bad!... but what kinda $$$ are we talking?
      I did't see a price.

-Let me know, I'm in Dallas.

Comment

I went and checked this one out.
        From a restoration point of view, this car needs a LOT of work.
        (Not un-salvagable, but you have to know what your doing.)
        The floor and frame are showing some serious rust and rot
        (push up from underneath, and it crumbles away, in many places, including the quarters).
        Also the motor is disassembled (even if the parts are "rebuilt", a block without the pistons set isn't worth much. It's almost better to have a BAD, but COMPLETE motor).

Because I have done some serious metal fabrication, and mechanical/ restoration work before, I made an offer.

I just want to make sure that anyone else considering this car knows what they are getting into, to make an educated offer.

*Is it still for sale, Or has it sold already?

ps. I took more pics too if needed

Comment

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4r_yqRWbRc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4r_yqRWbRc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Comment

The GBFreak83 car, yay!

Comment

Yup, that's him... Don't know if it is still up for sale though. If anyone is interested, let me know...

Comment

Do you know if he's getting out of the Ecto-1 project? I'd be interested in buying some of his Ecto parts for my 1961 MM if he is.

Comment

from talks on theecto1.com it sounds like it might still be for sale...

Comment

The last conversation I had with Thiago, he may indeed be keeping it unless the offer is right. I am pretty sure he said he will be keeping the Ecto1 parts though...

Comment

Working...
                    X