59 Eureka!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Eureka!

I have found for sale this 59 Eureka. Let me know if you (or someone you know) would be interested and I will pass your info to the seller.

Scamming seller. Buyer beware. Neat infrequently seen Borgward Isabella TS Sport Coupe beside though...

There are at least 2 others who have tried to buy this '59 in at least as many years.

Comment

Please explain to me your "scamming seller" statement. I listed this car on my beta site (autolotonline.com) last night. I don't want to scam anyone. I am posting cars for this gentleman. What was the reason the last 2 sales failed? If this is indeed a scam, I will pull this listing!

Comment

One potential buyer sent a deposit on an agreed upon price only to have the price increase after that deposit was cashed.

The other was the high bidder on eBay. Seller tried to 'renegotiate' after the auction as the price realized was not near what he felt the value was. This person tried unsuccessfully to complete the transaction for 9 months before determining he was not going to budge and would rather watch that '59 Eureka Combo rust than sell it.

These are just the two that I've heard of as I know both of the aforementioned people. Logical that the car would not have lasted this long if there weren't issues regardless.

Neither scenario employs scrupulous ethical business practices. Sweet coach for sure. Best-o-luck with your transactions for this *gentleman*.

(No, I haven't been the attempted buyer either time.)
        Last edited by 60Crown; 07-01-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Atti. If this guy has been going rounds with people on this car, it may be in my best interest to dump it. I don't want to get caught up in the middle of a mess.

I don't know a thing about these pro-cars. In the condition as displayed, is it even worth $10k+? I have my doubts... Maybe $4k?

Thanks again!

Comment

I might give ya ten bucks for it, but that's about it.

Comment

Having not seen it personally, I haven't a clue coming from the Midwest the rust extent.

$4k in a heartbeat. $10k to the right person (who's father/grandfather/uncle owned one or is a Eureka freak) on the right day (in a stronger economy)...perhaps.

Comment

Well, I guess I don't have pass along any info since tszuta has registered here...

Comment

Thanks SuperSnake. I just saw a lot of hits coming from this forum on my website and I thought I would check it out. Seeing a possible negative situation, I signed up to try and resolve / clarify things.

Comment

Yup, it is the same guy. When I met with him, I had no clue that he played games like this. I thought he had a unique issue and needed some help. I don't know if I can risk hanging myself out to dry with this endeavor.

It seemed too good to be true...

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Comment

Same coach almost a decade ago:

Add some cheap paint, a little time, and *presto*! 'Prolly same owner too. R U's links allowed the correlation to surface. Forgot about that fubar.

Comment

I was not able to pull up the PCS links, but if we are talking about Lou Lazarus, (I don't mind naming names, come and get me).
                        I have had first hand dealings with this guy and if anybody wants to PM me, I'll tell you the whole ridiculous story. TSZUTA, if you are indeed he, take a fucking leap off this board.

Comment

Double D, by no means am I Lou. I came across an ad of his for help on listing cars. Thinking that a few extra $$ would be nice, that is how this started. I got in touch with him, and here we are today. Seeing that the cars are in Rockford, IL and I live about 15 miles north - I thought this would be a good opportunity. Here is the original listing I followed to get in contact with him.

Comment

I hate sellers like that. The car looks so good in the picture if you don't know what to look for. A Plymouth with tricky photos taught me.

After looking for a minute, I can tell...

The car is painted with a dozen 99 cent Walmart flat black spray cans. The camera angles hide most of the patchyness in the paint but it can be seen. They painted over the door handle and mirrors while the impossible to find Eurika emblem are perfectly clean. I bet the mounting tabs were all broke when the painter popped them loose. They are likely pitted and rusted which is why they needed some 99 cent Walmart aluminum paint anyway. And the roof is poorly spray painted but at least they did a piss poor job of taping it off. Love the bright red wheels. Seems like anyone passing a piece of shit off as something better paints the wheels red to contrast the flat black paint. Looks good and gives it a rat roddy feel but its a red flag.

You can just make out the doors are flappers. The missing edge is a give away to lack of bottoms. The rear door definitely has no bottom. It looks like a little piece of chrome is loose at the bottom, that is the inner sill panel showing from under the sunken door skin. The door skin is pealing out at the bottom meaning a sagging door. Either the hinges are rotten but more likely the door frame is trash. Good luck finding a rear door for a Eurika 59. And the quarters are just about gone as are the wheelwells. One pick gives a pretty clear picture of the decay.

The rear bumper is rotten to the point of falling off. It has holes in it and you can see area's painted silver. Chrome tape on the right hand edge. Plus if you look at the front bumper there is some chrome tape hiding holes as well. And why is the brown car positioned to block the pass side of the nose? More damage? obvious rust? The head light mounts are rusted out and the chrome head light cover is all that keeps them in the rotten buckets on the divers side.

The angles, shadow and color completely hide the rockers. I doubt they are even there. I remember a certain red 59 that had was sold with that trick. That means any floor is a plus because there is likely little of it. The frame is probrably rotten to and the longer x frames like to crack.

I bet it still sits on its belly. The 1980's white line tires scream dry rot. Some Westleys bleach white and tire shine fixed that for the camera though.

BUT THE HOOD FITS WELL! I be damned I did find something positive to say about it.

I wouldn't see it worth more than 1500 tops. Only that high because its the very rare Eurika and it would be a good parts car.

Comment

Working...
                            X