No announcement yet.

76 Superior 3-way Crown (definite now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 Superior 3-way Crown (definite now)

It is definitely for sale, and I do have pics this time! It's in Tucson, and I would deliver it, but I am not really supposed to be driving at all, and I might run off the road. I can pick you up at the airport. I can't give you any warranty because the lawyers have made that just about impossible, but I seriously doubt that you will have any trouble with it. I put an extra 4" of high-density foam in the seat, so it is definitely butt-friendly. You might take an extra fuel filter, the big 3/8" one that goes underneath, but I haven't had to replace it in hundreds of miles. I did not have a speedometer cable the last time I took a trip. I have one now, but I have not installed it, so I do not know what sort of gas mileage it gets. Since it runs well and has a new carburetor, it shouldn't be TOO bad (knock on wood). It has a Crane adjustable vacuum advance, and I set it for best performance on 87 octane.

The engine runs very well. I hear a slight tap when it is warmed up, but Tony tells me that it is in my imagination, which is possible. The folks at Cadillac-Lasalle say that it is normal anyway, and I have driven it hundreds of highway miles. It runs like a top, and passes emissions with flying colors. The air conditioning has been properly converted to R134, with new compressor, POA, hoses, evaporator and condensor flush, etc. It cools as well as with R12 when cruising, but not quite as cool at idle. You might consider an electric fan. It has the original Climatron, but I have a separate switch to turn the compressor on and off. I do this on all of my cars.

I have about $7-8k in this machine, but I don't expect to get nearly that much back. It has had the hydraboost redone, with new pump, hoses, and brake unit, recent battery and rebuilt alternator, all new exhaust south of the convertor, new carpet, new upholstery almost done, and I think I have enough material to finish it. If not, it is available at JoAnn's Fabrics. I am going to keep the spare batteries and the huge invertor, not only because we are going "off the grid" someday, but because it will take much less time to put the wiring back together without it. The CB radio is negotiable...I will need one when we move. That one works fine, but I can always get another one. The magnet-mount antenna is negotiable too.

I gave it a new windshield. It has a nice JVC stereo which plays disks with MP3 and WMA files as well as CDs. The faceplate is removable, and it has a remote control, if I can find it. The speakers are kind of cruddy, but you can add two more, or an amp and subwoofer or whatever. I had the radiator rodded out, just to make sure that it wouldn't get hot on the freeway, and it hasn't. I removed the dash and cleaned everything, behind the warning lights, lubed all of the controls, etc. I'm pretty sure that I redid the felts on all of the vents so that they would adjust properly as well. There is a problem with the wipers coming on by themselves...perhaps they are being smartassed. I have another switch that may or may not work, but it is really easy to tell. They just pop right out. If I'm not mistaken, any 75-76 Cadillac switch will work.

I have the two missing pieces of trim from the right side, but they may need new clips to put them back on. There are two small dents on the right side, but a little bit of filler or glaze should fix those. If you are going to make this coach look really sharp, you are going to have to paint it. On the left quarter, there is about a 3" rust hole and some bubbling, so to fix it properly, you would have to cut the rusted metal out and put in a piece of metal. I think that they parked it under a drain spout or something, because there aren't any other spots like that. There are some areas in the door joints that need reglazing, and some cracks in the fiberglass. The ones that are on top of the metal frame, you will have to sand off the fiberglass and remove any rust that may have formed underneath it. Then it's just a little resin and filler, or gelcoat if you're a real pro. The left hood hinge has been repaired, but it needs to be adjusted. Obviously, from the photo, it can be closed, but you have to joggle it a little. I will try to get that done.

I do believe that all of the Crown Sovereign trim is there, and looks good. That was why I bought the car in the first place. It didn't have a table, so I put in one from a M-M (they're nicer-looking anyway). It seems to me that the mechanism for switching it is jammed, or I don't understand how it works. The table works manually out the back or the right, and the lock handle works. I have enough casters to make it come out the left, but you'll need to increase the holes from 1" to 2" to make them fit. I can tell you how to do that, if you're not familiar with it.

OK, here come the pictures. I am asking $3000, but I like it when people wave cash in my face. You can ask questions here, PM or email. I will definitely finish the electrical, but I am not well, and so I can't fix everything that might be wrong with it. You won't get a brand new one for this price.

I will tuck this vinyl in when I finish wiring.

Oh, it does have tilt/tele steering wheel

I do have the driver's headrest and armrest too. Screwdriver not included.

I hope this coach brings you as much pleasure and fun as it has for me.

-denise

Sorry you're selling it Denise - but I understand.

What a great coach though! A 3 way with working air? Who thought shit like that existed?

Comment

Thanks, Chris, These cars are kind of rare. I may try to find another one after we move, but I need to sell it here, because some people in the neighborhood are superstitious, and I'm afraid of vandalism. I'm not saying that Illegals are stupid, just that they tend to be superstitious, and if I caught one, I would have to kill him, because otherwise he would just run back to Mexico and get away. I would have a hard time living with shooting somebody.

I'm good with A/C and electrical. I've been doing it for 30 years. My cars are always working, and running R134.

This is a chance to pick up a coach with major potential. The floorboards feel totally solid, and I don't remember any rust on them when I replaced the carpet. It feels very comfortable and homey inside, even though the interior isn't perfect. The blue makes you feel relaxed, so be sure to make some coffee stops. The seat and armrest covers are only 3-4 years old and not used much, hand sewn and fitted, with welt seams between the materials. All you have to do is get in, and you don't want to leave. You'll be dying to stay in it. I really wish that I could keep it, but I'll just have to look for another one someday. The way the prices are going up on these old ones, though, someone is going to get a nice deal. I just want you guys to have first chance before I put it on Ebay.

-denise

Comment

If anyone is interested in this coach, now is the time to tell me. If you are serious about buying it, I will even hold it for you until it is cleaned up and electrical work is done, which could be done in a day if I were well, but may take a week or so. If I finish this work before someone here buys it, it will go on Ebay. I prefer to sell it to one of my friends here, and if you are looking for one, you are better off buying from me than from a stranger. I have been here since NHAA first started up, and was with the member boards that merged to form it. Larry, Alex, Lisa and John, and some of the other Trocars have met me in person. I will not rip you off by charging storage fees, or sell it out from under you after we have made a deal, as so many people have had done to them.

The airplane with the dog in it is also for sale, a four-place Cherokee 160 with a fresh annual, and I would take $16,000 for it. I was offered $23,500 8 years ago, and they normally go up in value. These prices are this low because of the economy. If it picks up, the prices will pick up.

I do honestly believe that this hearse can be driven away. The tires have very few miles, and I will give you a jack and spare. The airplane can definitely be flown away...I would take it anywhere in the US if I had someone to help fly when I get tired. I will share the driving in the hearse if you want, but you still have to pay for the gas and get me home.

I know that we are all low on money, but if you are one of the lucky (or wise) ones who still have it, this is a chance to get a good deal for it.

-denise

Comment

Working...
        X